Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Edison, nj

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 8:21 am
I've looked through all the old posts but wanted more up to date info..

yeshivish/kollel young family looking to move out of flatbush for a more oot feeling.

we are still young, dh is in kollel and would ideally stay in kollel for as long as possible/ work on the side when needed.

we really want to get out of flatbush soon, but haven't had luck finding a place we would fit into.

would we fit into edison?

if so, what streets would I look on to buy?

what are the tution prices in the yeshivish schools?

are there any kollels in the area?

thank you!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 2:09 pm
bumping

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 3:14 pm
It's a really nice, friendly community. Pretty too. I'd recommend it, but I don't know you Smile.
The core is more MO, but there are a lot of young, yeshivish families moving in. (It's also probably the most right wing MO community on the eats coast.) There is a kollel and the young crowd has their own shul.
Get in touch with a shul there and check it out yourselves thorough their hospitality. You'll also get a clearer picture of which streets you'd like.
No idea about tuition.
Hatzlacha!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 11:54 pm
Bumping for the late crowd

bluemom

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 12:03 am
Yes there is a kollel but I dont think that they are adding to it at this point. Tuition is around $9000 for elemetary school depending on grade and gender.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 12:37 am
I wish tuition is only 9000. My bill for this coming year is well over 30,000 for 3 kids in elementry. A few years ago it was closer to 9 but it's been going up a lot lately. Mad
Wish I could tell you it's cheaper. That said, it's still an beautiful community. Diverse but peple are respectful of each other and get along.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 7:35 am
Thanks for the info.
There's only one kollel? What's the name of it?

What streets would I look at for a house?
I appreciate all the info-- thank you!

bluemom

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 8:31 am
It's called Highland Park Community Kollel. Um..there is not not a particular street to look at. It depends which shul you would want to be near and where there are houses for sale. There is a frum broker that would be helpful to use as she knows the town and all the people, shuls and various areas.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 10:02 am
There is only 1 kollel. The community is really spread out and where to look depends on your budget and what you want to be near. Its ALOT larger than just 1 street. I would recommend looking up juliet krumholtz, she's a frum realtor in the area and can guide/help you based on what's important to you aND your budget.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating