Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Making a brocha and taking dough what should I do

motherX2

Post Thu, Jun 14 2007, 6:37 pm
what do I do if I am making 2 batches each 5 pounds of flour do I mix it together and tkae one dough or do I take 2 balls and make one brocha (noone else is around to make a brocha)

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Jun 14 2007, 7:24 pm
That's a very interesting question! I sometimes make two batches, and give my daughter the opportunity to make a bracha also.

If you combine the doughs, you put them into one big bowl, cover it, so the two batches are under one cover, and take one hafrashas challah with one brocha. You don't need to take two times, balls, kazaysim or whatever.

I think that you can also cover both bowls with one big towel, and this is considered combining them. You make the bracha and take the hafrashas challah while it's still covered/combined.

But sometimes, when I'm making two batches, they are ready or risen at different times, so that when I take challah from the first, I don't always do it combined. Later, I can do hafrashas challah again. However, I never thought of this, that maybe it can be a quesstion of bracha l'vatalah to do it twice, if you can combine it.....

boruchhashem

Post Thu, Jun 14 2007, 7:45 pm
I just made two brochos. they are usually not ready at the same time.

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Thu, Jun 14 2007, 8:09 pm
2 x 5 pounds....thats a LOT of challah

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Jun 14 2007, 9:27 pm
When I'm making a Sheva Brachos, or other simcha or baking for a two or three day YomTov, I'll bake two batches.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads