Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Icky! Should I go out in this heat??

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 10:39 am
Okay, maybe it's not as bad outside as inside (we don't have a/c - only fans), but I DOUBT it. 92 degrees and very humid today!

I have no work, so I'm home with the kids. I'd definately take them out a bit to play with water in the backyard, but I'm deciding if I should take them to the toddler program at the library.

They like it. It's fun. They earn free books. It's educational, too. Wink
But it's hot. I don't drive. It's a walk about 15 minutes with a heavy double stroller. The kids will miss their naps or more likely, take late ones (not that they'll mind).

So I'm debating.......what should I do? Smile

baseballmom

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 10:41 am
WHile I am generally a big advocate for activities with kids I would have to say not today. I was outside yesterday for 2 hours with my dcs, and I ended up feeling so sick yesterday from it. Stay in, do some fun art projects, and plan to go to the library next week.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 10:46 am
next week it's July 4th, they're closed. the week after I'm back at work full time. It'll probably be until August that I'll have a chance to go again.

baseballmom

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 10:47 am
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
next week it's July 4th, they're closed. the week after I'm back at work full time. It'll probably be until August that I'll have a chance to go again.

even so, I would probably skip it...I can't tell you how sick I felt from the heat yesterday (and I am b'H generally a very strong and healthy person)

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 11:31 am
I would go, but hop in the shower as soon as I came back!

Imhappy!

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 11:33 am
It might be a good idea for you to go since you don't have airconditioning at home and the library will be nice and cool

momof2

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 2:14 pm
I need some ideas of what to do with my kids a 2 yr old and 1 yr old. im out of ideas. any suggestions?

BennysMommy

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 2:19 pm
I would say go but bring lots of water with u. the air conditioning will be nice and it will refresh you. as cm said when u get home jump in the shower.

but then again...its not summer here so I really dont know how gross the weather is!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 3:17 pm
it all worked out in the end!
My husband was leaving around the time I would go, so he gave us a ride. The program was great (& air conditioned)! Then we went 1 block away to a store to shop until my husband came to pick us up. So B"H we got out!
Now I put the kids in for a short nap.
momof2, since my kids are similar ages, I would suggest water play outside. First of all, slather them with suntan lotion (they say 1/2 an hour before you go out). If you have a kiddy pool or sprinkler, I would take it out now. (I wanna get a sprinkler so I can go in it, too!)
Or you can take out buckets and cup and sponges and let them play with those. My kids were washing the outside of the house yesterday, but hey, they got wet in the process! Just find a shady spot to sit and drink lots (& ices are good, too). I don't know if your baby is just a year or 1 1/2, but even at just a year, I'm sure he/she can enjoy.

momof2

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 3:24 pm
thanks....that idea with sponges and cups ect is a good one! It's actually raining now...so maybe we will do that tomorrow.
I actually just painted with them now. so at least they did something fun today ???
do you do activities with your kids every day???

elmofood

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 4:00 pm
no ac? I am sorry to be so shocked, but how can you tolerate the heat with no ac? fans cannot possibly cool off enought and how do you sleep at night?
sorry but I feel so badly for you.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 4:24 pm
we live in a basement - it's cooler. I guess we're low maintanence (sometimes).
but we may get a/c soon.

no, I don't do activities with them every day. I work. but for when big guy (almost 3) gets bored, I have beads put away for such times, magna doodle...used to have clay dough for in high chair only, but kids ate it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics