Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Icky acne! Prescription, or too risky?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 12:14 am
For the foreseeable future, I'm on birth control.

I also have terrible skin. I'm in my 30s, eat a healthy diet, have an active lifestyle, live in a clean and low stress environment, and yet I still get acne. I'm tired of scars and ugliness. I'm really quite pretty, underneath my teenage skin.

On the other hand, I'm concerned that there may be subtle problems that come up with Retinal that matter more to a woman of child-bearing age than not. Things that don't get noticed when most study subjects aren't planning on having children.

Thoughts? Patterns? Ideas? Is there anything I should be concerned about before I try it?

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 12:46 am
For adults that age still getting acne spironolactone is an option. It blocks testosterone. Has been a lifesaver for me BH.

amother
Electricblue

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 2:21 am
Adapalene is another form of retinal but more suitable for acne. My skin is so smooth b"h since I've started using it. It got rid of scars and skin texture too

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 7:19 am
amother Brown wrote:
For adults that age still getting acne spironolactone is an option. It blocks testosterone. Has been a lifesaver for me BH.
The natural version of this is saw palmetto, vitex, dim, and white Peony. They all work to lower excess androgens. I've used them for hormonal acne in the past with a lot of success

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 7:21 am
amother Eggshell wrote:
The natural version of this is saw palmetto, vitex, dim, and white Peony. They all work to lower excess androgens. I've used them for hormonal acne in the past with a lot of success

Thank you! That's really good info!

And thank you to the other posters. I'm going to talk to my GP about these prescription options today, and roll from there to the dermatologist.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics