Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
I am terrified of mice!!!!Does RIDDEX Sonic Plus work?

amother

Post Sun, Oct 20 2013, 2:24 pm
I really need you help on this one! I am so serious I am practically in tears as I write this post. My elderly parents live a few hundred miles away from us (about two hours by plane). They visit once or twice a year, but I hardly ever go and see them because they live in an area with LARGE old apartment buildings...and there are alot of mice and roaches. They are very clean people, but the exterminator comes only once a month to spray the apartments, and the tenants in the building are mostly at work so many of them are not there to open their doors when the exterminator comes. I must visit my parents soon - kibbud av v-em - but I am scared! I walk around with my eyes closed because I am afraid to see anything walking around! Help!
Just today I saw an ad in the local newspaper for a product called Riddex, Sonic Plus. It has ultrasonic signals which rids the home of mice, rats, roaches and more. It claims to make unwanted pests scatter, yet people can't hear it! You just plug it into an electrical outlet. Has anyone used this, and did it work for you? What else should I do?????

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Oct 20 2013, 2:29 pm
I have one of those! I bought it to keep out roaches and you'll never believe this but IT WORKS!!!
I haven't found live roaches in my house in a couple of years. Ok, maybe one or two but they were already half dead and on their back. We don't have a mice problem but I suspect it works for rodents as well. When I bought it, the paper in it said that it's a problem to have rodent pets (like guinea pigs) if you use this product.

I highly recommend it.
My only complaint is that they claim that it works against ants as well. It doesn't.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 20 2013, 2:32 pm
Oh, wow!!! Thanks so much! I am at my wits end worrying non stop about my visit to my parents. I will definitely pack a few in my suitcase. They live in a one bedroom apartment which has a front room, bedroom and kitchen. I wonder if I should get one for each room?

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Oct 21 2013, 2:21 am
You don't need one for each room. I have a large apartment and I only have one in the kitchen. Not a roach in sight in the entire house. It's amazing.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 21 2013, 7:58 am
ChossidMom, I really appreciate your help! You have relieved many of my fears...I only hope and pray it works as well for rodents as it does for roaches.

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Oct 21 2013, 8:00 am
And I only hope it doesn't harm humans....

amother

Post Mon, Oct 21 2013, 8:08 am
Same here. But for sure seeing a mouse is enough to give me a heart attack c"v, so I would take my chances on the product we are discussing. Thanks so much!

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 11:21 am
OP, did it work for you?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics