Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Warm vacation spot (with kosher food)
Previous  1  2

mommyblogger

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 3:03 pm
tichellady wrote:
personally, I find dallas to be very boring. I would go to new orleans, although the weather may not be great. if you are not concerned about zika, then choose somewhere in the caribbean

Thanks!! Not concerned about Zika at this stage.
Any specific locations in the Caribbean you would recommend? Any ideas about kosher food there?

challahchallah

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 3:29 pm
tichellady wrote:
personally, I find dallas to be very boring. I would go to new orleans, although the weather may not be great. if you are not concerned about zika, then choose somewhere in the caribbean

I'd agree that Dallas wouldn't be the best if you were going for a month, but I really think there's more than enough for a 2 day couples vacation. I also think Ft. Worth is more fun than Dallas and close enough that you could easily eat in the Dallas restaurants after spending the day there. New Orleans is a great idea--what are the kosher options like?

Agreed that if you want really hot weather, the caribbean is the way to go. Does anyone know of any actual kosher restaurants there or are you pretty much stuck doing the take-out or cook yourself thing?

tichellady

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 3:38 pm
challahchallah wrote:
I'd agree that Dallas wouldn't be the best if you were going for a month, but I really think there's more than enough for a 2 day couples vacation. I also think Ft. Worth is more fun than Dallas and close enough that you could easily eat in the Dallas restaurants after spending the day there. New Orleans is a great idea--what are the kosher options like?

Agreed that if you want really hot weather, the caribbean is the way to go. Does anyone know of any actual kosher restaurants there or are you pretty much stuck doing the take-out or cook yourself thing?

new orleans has a moroccan meat restaurant, a dairy waffle place and kosher beignets at cafe du monde

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 3:44 pm
rlocker wrote:
Definitely sounds interesting. Is it mostly beach, walking, lounging around? Anything else of interest there? We're outdoors people and I love beach, but my husband likes a little more activity. Have you been? Any specific activities to suggest?

And, do you have info about kosher restaurant?

There are plenty of tourist attractions and tours like the Mayan ruins, excursions with ATVing and zip lining through the jungle, and much more.

mommyblogger

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 3:46 pm
tichellady wrote:

New Orleans is intriguing. Have you been? Suggested activities for Jan/Feb? It looks like it's a little cooler there then, but certainly warmer than NJ.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 3:58 pm
amother wrote:
Yes. Pretty much everywhere from Miami south including Mexico and the carribean has Zika.

Zika was also found in Texas.

doctorima

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 4:17 pm
rlocker wrote:
Any specific locations in the Caribbean you would recommend? This sounds interesting.

Here are the Chabads in the Carribean; they'll have visitor info with kosher food and take-out options listed on their web pages:

http://www.chabad.org/centers/.....n.htm

Also see here for other kosher options in the Caribbean:

http://www.kashrut.com/travel/Caribbean/

lora

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 4:30 pm
if its close and kosher your looking for theres always florida... Orlando or Miami beach
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics