Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Theme for 6 people

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 4:07 pm
We are 6 people who will dress up and we like doing a theme that ties everyone together. I am having a hard time thinking of a theme from 6 things. We don't want characters and the like, rather more Jewish related. So no Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, goofy, Pluto, for example. But yes to 7 days of the week (problem is it's 7 not 6), characters from the megillah (did already). I don't have a problem getting creative with the costumes.

Anyone have any ideas for us?

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 4:10 pm
Different colors?

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 4:20 pm
Shisha sidrei mishna
6 days of creation

mammale

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 4:25 pm
Seder plate? Or you can do six days of creation and everyone can have a reference to shabbos in addition to their day

doctorima

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 4:31 pm
Leah's 6 children? Sextuplets from Egypt (shisha b'keres echad)?

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 4:39 pm
my neighbor did yosef mokir shabbas, the big girl was shabbas, the big boy was yosef, one kid was the fish, another kid was the diamond, another kid was shabbas candles, another one was challa...

the next year when she had seven kids k"ah, she did three pesach matzos and four kosos wine

mamaleh

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 5:45 pm
A calendar (Shabbos, sukkos, pesach, shavous, chanuka, purim)or tishrei (RH, shabbos shuva, YK, Sukkos, chol hamoed, SA)
you could also do a calendar where each of you is 2 months (front & back)
6 days of creation (your shalach manos could be Shabbos)

Rosemarie

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 5:35 am
Thanks for all the ideas. I will discuss with my kids and see what they vote for

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 7:29 am
Have you seen those decals on the backs of cars with white stick figure families?

I saw a family last year who dressed up as that and it was really cute. They wore all black and used white painters tape to make the stick figures on their clothing.

LittleDucky

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 7:49 am
How about dressing as yidden from a time in our history or tanach? Like Chanukah, pesach etc.
Or 6 nevios and have people guess who is missing? (Will be a problem for men in your family... But you didn't say genders...)
What about mitzvos of Purim- split 2 into the different minim for MM (gets you to 5) and 2 people can do the Matanos Le'evyonim since it goes to 2 people?

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 11:38 am
One of my sisters is super creative....her family dressed up as different characters from the Purim story (Queen Esther, Vashti, Mordechai, etc...) and she did a Purim For Dummies Shalach Manos - she made the box look like the for Dummies series, with pictures of her kids and anecdotes about the role "get the real story behind Vashti...." etc....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics