Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Mint is shutting down :( What are people going to use instea
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 3:30 pm
I am so sad I really like it and got used to it.
Whats the next best option

em95

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 3:32 pm
Copilot
But not free

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 3:37 pm
Mint Mobile?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 3:38 pm
I just use an excel spreadsheet with monthly income on one side and monthly expenses on the other

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 4:27 pm
amother Babyblue wrote:
Mint Mobile?

No, a budgeting software

Bleemee

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 4:35 pm
Heard great things about YNAB

lamplighter

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 4:37 pm
YNAB is amazing but it's not free

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 4:38 pm
YNAB

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 4:40 pm
They have a banner saying it's moving over to credit karma no?

amother
Darkblue

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 4:54 pm
I’m using rocket money for free, it’s great. I don’t know if it has all the features mint does for free because I’m not familiar with mint.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 5:31 pm
Maybe personal capital? I think it's now called empower. I switched over to mint ages ago but I'm going to check this one out again.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 6:28 pm
what about the dave ramsey app?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 11:39 am
I tried out YNAB but they dont show categories.

What I am mainly looking for is a service that keeps links all my accounts and that I can categorize each transaction, and view the total amount per caegory at the end of the month.

Dont really care about any other features

which is best for that

nll1994

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 10:43 am
amother OP wrote:
I tried out YNAB but they dont show categories.

What I am mainly looking for is a service that keeps links all my accounts and that I can categorize each transaction, and view the total amount per caegory at the end of the month.

Dont really care about any other features

which is best for that

Dave Ramsey's app has these items, it's called EveryDollar. The version that links to your bank accounts isn't free, but I see that they are giving current Mint users a 60 day free trial.

I personally use a spreadsheet with a sheet for each month with a summary page with the running total per month and Year to Date.

synthy

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 10:16 am
Bumping up this thread! I’ve tried Rocket money but don’t like it, there’s too few categories and it only focuses on my spending, not earnings. What other budgeting programs are people using?

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 10:21 am
I switched over to Monarch and it’s great. They’re running a promo for Mint users, 3 months free and then 50% off for the first year ($50 instead of $100). I think the price is worth it. It has basically all the Mint features plus more.

synthy

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:12 am
amother Ginger wrote:
I switched over to Monarch and it’s great. They’re running a promo for Mint users, 3 months free and then 50% off for the first year ($50 instead of $100). I think the price is worth it. It has basically all the Mint features plus more.
Thanks! Setting it up now, looks like this is exactly what I need.

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 12:45 am
Is there a code for the monarch promo or would I automatically see it when I check out their website?

Currently I'm with rocket because they had a free trial and it was good enough, and then you choose how much you pay.

It's ok but the mint feature I miss the most that I don't see as being available on rocket is the ability to roll over a budget from month to month or split it between months. For example I know that some months I'll buy more clothes and some less but I'd like to keep an eye on the average, so I could set a budget, say $300, and if I spend only $150 this month then it will show $450 available next month. Same thing happens if you spend too much. You could set some categories to roll over and others not, and you could reset the rollover whenever you want.

Does monarch let you do that? I find it so so important to my ability to function with a budget.

synthy

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 1:14 am
seeker wrote:
Is there a code for the monarch promo or would I automatically see it when I check out their website?

Currently I'm with rocket because they had a free trial and it was good enough, and then you choose how much you pay.

It's ok but the mint feature I miss the most that I don't see as being available on rocket is the ability to roll over a budget from month to month or split it between months. For example I know that some months I'll buy more clothes and some less but I'd like to keep an eye on the average, so I could set a budget, say $300, and if I spend only $150 this month then it will show $450 available next month. Same thing happens if you spend too much. You could set some categories to roll over and others not, and you could reset the rollover whenever you want.

Does monarch let you do that? I find it so so important to my ability to function with a budget.
use code MINT50 for 50% off first year and 30 day trial.
I’m going to double check about this feature, I remember seeing it but I didn’t set it up fully yet.
ETA they have this option. Your budgets are divided into groups, for example shopping. You can set the full shopping budget to rollover or just a specific budget within that group, e.g. clothing.

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 1:26 am
synthy wrote:
use code MINT50 for 50% off first year and 30 day trial.
I’m going to double check about this feature, I remember seeing it but I didn’t set it up fully yet.
ETA they have this option. Your budgets are divided into groups, for example shopping. You can set the full shopping budget to rollover or just a specific budget within that group, e.g. clothing.

Oh amazing, I am sold.

You can do the 30 day trial and then back out before paying the $50? I think the reason I didn't try monarch in the first place was because rocket offered a free trial and monarch didn't.

Maybe it'll help enough that I won't even cringe so hard when they graduate from the discount to the full price 😬
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics