Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
ISO new toy for pesach!
Previous  1  2

sky

Post Wed, Mar 22 2017, 8:24 am
amother wrote:
I would not put away a toy for pesach unless like the poster anove said I really otherwise had no room.
I would get them a new toy- I second the duplicate recommendation- then put it into yearly recommendation.
We always wash the toys in the bath, choose one or two and the kids have fun scrubbing then rinse off.
Diplomats can also go in a dishwasher if u have one

I put away toys. While we do wash some toys - it takes time - so we just wash a few and the easiest (like magna tiles, play stiks, cliks). Board games and card games we play while snacking during the year so I wouldn't feel comfortable putting it on a pesach table.

Plus my kids love the big pesach box that comes out every year. It keeps them very engaged because they know it will be put away soon. Every year I add - I don't have expensive toys - those I get for yom kippur.

Box includes:
Guess Who
Connect 4
Uno
Playing cards
Assorted puzzles for different ages
Some building toy I once found on sale - lego size pieces
Mancala
toddler and Pesach themed Books
Straws and Connectors
1 box crayons and markers (I put away the kids box from during the year because they color on the table)
and others I can't remember off hand ...

farm

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 10:23 am
Agree that the box of pesach toys is a huge excitement for the kids and works way better for me than cleaning toys for pesach. If you add 1-2 new things each year, it is easy and inexpensive to have a nice collection pretty quickly. I also set aside some of the chanuka gifts my kids get to open for pesach- another easy way to have exciting stuff that is used and appreciated instead of a huge pile on chanuka that they can't possibly focus on and enjoy each one. When we pesach clean, they reminisce all the fun stuff that will be in the box and eagerly await playing with it over pesach. So cute!

queenert

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 1:09 pm
Snapos are fun if you're looking for a building toy. https://snapo.com/collections/standard-blocks

But I find imagination games better for my girls. Cash register...doctor set...that kind of thing.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics