Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
What would you have done?

STMommy

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 9:07 am
My DCs are very good children with nice friends who have grown up a bit sheltered and thankfully do not know what most of the "bad words" are.
I was in a store with my DCs yesterday. Apparently the woman on the checkout line directly in front of us was annoyed at another woman checking out on the aisle next to us for not moving her wagon over fast enough to let the other woman get her wagon through, because soon after we got on line, the woman on our line started cursing at the other lady. And when I say cursing, I mean it was a looong (seemed like eternity) string of f-bombs with the s-word and a maybe even a few others thrown in for good measure. I turned around to see if people were on line behind me, and there were a bunch of people on the line behind me by then, and I was not going to say something to the cursing lady, even though I wanted to, because she actually seemed out of her mind to be going on such a tirade. So I just said loudly to my DC's, "Sorry guys that you have to hear such disgusting language". My oldest recognized the s-word but Baruch Hashem had no idea what the rest of it was and when she asked me in the parking lot I said, "it was just a lot of bad words".
Later at home my DH said that when he was once in a similar situation, he asked the cashier to call security.
What would you have done?

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 9:22 am
When they are out of their mind, I don't say a word. I won't engage with crazy.

When I see a normal person who is cursing, I will nicely and respectfully say, "excuse me, my children are here." That elicits an apology and proper behavior.

groisamomma

Post Mon, Apr 03 2017, 9:46 am
"There are kids here!"

They usually stop and say excuse me or sorry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics