Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Fashion experts

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 6:55 pm
For all u fashion conscious with no money how do u look so good?

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 7:26 pm
amother wrote:
For all u fashion conscious with no money how do u look so good?

I don't know about people with NO money, but if you have a low budget: sales and coupons! stack coupons one on top of the other and shop during sales

noosheen

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 9:03 pm
Accessorize.

jade

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 9:25 pm
I don't know what your particular style is, but here's some general advice.

- careful, selective thrifting; often, not having money means spending a lot more time
- focusing on more classic pieces that won't look super dated in a couple of months
- nod to trends with the way you style your outfit rather than buying cheap fast-fashion. For example, dusty rose and blush are big now; theyre also nice colors that could work well as neutrals in the future. You could get a coat, jacket, scarf or shoes. Or an item of clothing that has these colors as an accent.
- pay lots of attention to details and take very good care of your clothing. It should be clean, ironed and fit you well. Check for things like loose buttons or threads. Perfect-looking clothing, whatever the style, will elevate your whole look a lot.
- hair/sheitel/scarf should harmonize with your outfit and look neat/styled.
- take care of your hands and nails.
- take care of your shoes. They should be clean and in good repair.
- you don't need your jewelry to be real, just in good repair and in harmony with your outfit.

OutATowner

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 9:55 pm
Great advice above.
While I may not be super fashionable, consider second hand stores. If you have a good one near you it can make a huge difference.

LittleMissMama

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 10:01 pm
Ask a trendy person to help you put together outfits. A fresh set of eyes can be a big help.

I often look best on vacation when I just throw stuff in my suitcase because I'm forced to put it all together in new ways.

Also, some communities organize a fashion swap, where you donate what you don't want and "shop" for free. Leftovers go to a gemach.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 9:40 am
Accessories and resale.
Also, you have to know what makes you feel put together. I can dress second hand but I feel so much more put together when I like my shoes. I have to buy shoes new but over the last year got a few pairs of Bernie Mev and Dansko shoes from DSW for $20 - 40 dollars, on clearance with coupons. I broke my toe and am in mock crocs now and feel shlumpy. I feel like I have to wear a sheitel all the time to compensate Tongue Out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics