Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Frozen dessert

Jk2018

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 2:42 pm
How does chocolate or vanilla pudding freeze? I'm looking to make some sort of frozen dessert for Shavuot. I was thinking of doing a trifle type of thing because I have lots of baby fingers to use up. Any ideas on what to make and how? Should I mix the pudding mix with whip topping?
Thanks

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 2:50 pm
Use the lady fingers as the crust for your cheesecake.

Jk2018

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 4:12 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Use the lady fingers as the crust for your cheesecake.

Thanks for the suggestion but I never make cheesecake myself. It is my favorite food and I can never get it to taste as good as the stores unless I spend triple the money on ingredients so I don't bother.
I don't need to use the baby fingers just would be nice. I do need to make some sort of frozen dessert for hubby that looks nice ... Not just my quick whip topping with peanut butter in a pie crust Wink
Any ideas?
Thanks

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 5:53 pm
Some ideas here
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....rt=20

Jk2018

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 6:46 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Some ideas here
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....rt=20

Thank you! Another question, how long for frozen deserts such as those take to freeze? Can I make it the same day or will it need more than 6 hours to fully freeze? Then how long before you serve do you remove then from the freezer to become soft enough to cut?

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 6:52 pm
Jk2018 wrote:
Thank you! Another question, how long for frozen deserts such as those take to freeze? Can I make it the same day or will it need more than 6 hours to fully freeze? Then how long before you serve do you remove then from the freezer to become soft enough to cut?

At least 8 hours but best if made night before. Take out half hour before slicing.

r1

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 9:22 pm
Tiramisu is my favorite! Frozen, fancy and with lady fingers

Jk2018

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 3:45 am
ra_mom wrote:
At least 8 hours but best if made night before. Take out half hour before slicing.

Thank you!

Jk2018

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 3:47 am
r1 wrote:
Tiramisu is my favorite! Frozen, fancy and with lady fingers

Thank you! Any specific recipe you find freezes well?

r1

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 8:36 am
Jk2018 wrote:
Thank you! Any specific recipe you find freezes well?

I belive I make the one from the basis yaakov cookbook, get a little more soggy when frozen but I add in sprinkles of mini choch chips or tiny nut pieces so it has some crunch- like it better than any I've had at resturants

Jk2018

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 10:28 am
r1 wrote:
I belive I make the one from the basis yaakov cookbook, get a little more soggy when frozen but I add in sprinkles of mini choch chips or tiny nut pieces so it has some crunch- like it better than any I've had at resturants

Thank you! Can't wait to try it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics