Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How can we add to our income?
Previous  1  2

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 9:22 pm
amother wrote:
she said she only did it when she basically had the cash in hand, hence basically no risk.

She said she knows the money is there, not that they've already paid it to her. It's unclear whether she would have legal recourse if the debtor doesn't actually repay her.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 9:23 pm
amother wrote:
please tell me what is wrong here. Are you suggesting its fraudulent? I'll admit - I'm not sure that it is, but I'm not sure that its not.

There is nothing fraudulent here, because she is responsible to pay off the credit card.

Eta. The cc companies are only too happy to have their cards used, the more the better.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 9:31 pm
amother wrote:
She said she knows the money is there, not that they've already paid it to her. It's unclear whether she would have legal recourse if the debtor doesn't actually repay her.

OK - from the way she described it she's not doing it unless she knows she's going to collect the money quickly. I'm just going by what she said.

You are right - if she does not have cash in hand before she put the payment on her credit card - it is very high risk.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 9:56 pm
amother wrote:
There is nothing fraudulent here, because she is responsible to pay off the credit card.

Eta. The cc companies are only too happy to have their cards used, the more the better.

they don't like you so much when you pay off your balance each month in full.

there may be something in the user agreement that requires you only make personal purchases.

Jstar

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 11:12 pm
Shaklee distributors have a very high earning potential, if they put in the effort. I personally know women who make 5-6 figures. Also know a lot who make less, but still decent extra cash. Let me know if you want more info. Good luck!

tichellady

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 11:13 pm
Enough nitpicking the op. If you have advice, share it, if not, leave her alone

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 1:10 am
It seems the most obvious solution is for your husband to get a real, full-time job.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 8:25 am
Perhaps your husband can start a business. There is a ton of information out there giving information on the best way to gather information on what need there is in your area.

I personally love Andrew Warners podcasts. He interviews people who created startups that were successful. Cathy Heller does the same, but she interviews successful artists. Same concepts.

There are great blog posts with people giving the step by step of what they did to create a successful business.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 11:20 am
I also think you should explore your husband's earning potential. It sounds like you bring in a decent income. And as your family grows IYH, you will probably have more responsibilities and enough on your plate.

Self-employment/starting his own business - this really depends on a person's personality. Is he self motivated? Can he structure his own day and set his own goals? Or does he prefer working under someone, being given goals.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 12:13 pm
Your husband can do the cleaning to start saving the cleaning expense. That's a really easy savings right there.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 7:17 pm
Thanks, all, for the ideas. My husband is looking for a part time job for next year because he has commitments to some of the places he is this year for another year, which I am ok with. he will be earning more, but we are looking for something we can do ourselves from home. Something we could expand upon the next year, when his commitments are over. A business would be nice, but we have limited investment capital, and my husband is very anti risk like investing in the stock market - he won't put in anything significant without guaranteed returns.

Any new business ideas? Is there any service or good you want but can't get?

I've been thinking of giving courses to young girls of financial management and writing. Do you think that would take? That would be something I could do whenever it fits into my life.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 12 2017, 7:26 pm
amother wrote:
Your husband can do the cleaning to start saving the cleaning expense. That's a really easy savings right there.

My husband comes home at the end of the day more physically tired than I do. His day is as long as mine, and requires much more moving around than my desk job. He does help out, though.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics