Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Working out & eating right for 5 WEEKS & no weight l
Previous  1  2

cindy324

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 12:45 pm
I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned that the fact that she's breastfeeding might just be keeping her from losing weight! Amother, you didn't mention in your OP that you're breastfeeding. A lot of women hold on to every ounce while nursing. I personally started losing weight as soon as I stopped nursing. Yes , there are those fortunate ones that can barely keep the weight ON while nursing, but I certainly (and many others I know) weren't one of them.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 12:54 pm
Different Amother here,
Cindy, is there any way that I can find out if that's the problem for me?
I've been working out and dieting for almost 3 months!!! HELP!!! I am breastfeeding my second child now, but with my first I lost tons of weight while breastfeeding, so I'm thinking that it just can't be the breastfeeding that's to blame.
Is there any way to check this?

cindy324

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 2:11 pm
Quote:
Is there any way to check this?

LOL, you mean other than stopping to nurse? I don't think so, but I would ask your doc if it's possible that last time it wasn't a problem, but this time is? Again, maybe you should check you thyroid, ASAP, all it takes is a simple bloodtest, could be slowing things down. Also, I don't know how long ago you had your last baby before this one, your body changes over the years.

zigi

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 9:08 am
there is a website www.mypyramid.gov that has a calorie calculater that says how many calories you should eat according to height weight and wether nursing or not

sarale

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 6:54 am
If you are after a baby, definitely check your thyroid, there is a condition called postpartum thyroiditis where you thyroid speeds up for a while then burns itself out and is almost non existent. You take a small pill everyday according to your wieight called Thyroxin or similar and by one year it corects itself. I had this problem three times with my last three babies. I promise it will get better and the meds kick in pretty soon. Good luck. You can google the word post partum thyroiditis to see more info. My dietician picked it up!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise