Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Yeshiva said they are too 'full'. How do I handle this?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 7:24 pm
I applied way back. They sent me an application, I sent it back. My husband spoke to the Rosh Yeshiva back and forth. Today he told him, he's really sorry but he is too loaded.
I'm so upset. After many girls, this is our first son. I understand that it's to be handled just like any other disappointment. But I've put to many hopes into this. Now, he'll end off in a place which I don't like. I'm like, blah.
I don't even know what to tell my son. It's not like I was told a reason for the rejection.
Has anyone has this? How did you handle it?

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 7:32 pm
So sorry. That must be horrible. It's a little late though. I ma not sure when u applied but I had applied for my kids in November for the coming year. July is really late for an answer. The schools get full earlier on usually and they may be able to push someone in if someone leaves but July is late... Do u have a backup plan??

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 8:44 pm
Yes. I have a backup plan. I applied late Febuary.
So should I apply again in November next year?

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 8:47 pm
amother wrote:
Yes. I have a backup plan. I applied late Febuary.
So should I apply again in November next year?

You can try, but someone would have to move out or switch schools for there to be room. You're better off adjusting to the other school.

amother
White

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 9:47 pm
Surely reapply earlier next zman but also have backups for next zman. Sometimes too late or no place are excuses to the obnoxioisness (freshness-shfichas domim) of mosdos.
We've suffered our share. Do you want the story of the Menahel when he reaches olam habba at 120? Now if you are a chosid and the yeshiva of your own chasidus rejected you can do a little more pushing. If that is the case tell me and youll PM me for an idea

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 9:53 pm
amother wrote:
Surely reapply earlier next zman but also have backups for next zman. Sometimes too late or no place are excuses to the obnoxioisness (freshness-shfichas domim) of mosdos.
We've suffered our share. Do you want the story of the Menahel when he reaches olam habba at 120? Now if you are a chosid and the yeshiva of your own chasidus rejected you can do a little more pushing. If that is the case tell me and youll PM me for an idea

It's not from my chassidus. Still applicable?

amother
White

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 10:38 pm
amother wrote:
It's not from my chassidus. Still applicable?

No. That idea is lets say if you are viznitz and your own viznitz is refusing your child. (just an example)

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jul 16 2017, 10:41 pm
amother wrote:
No. That idea is lets say of you are viznitz amd your own viznitz is refusing your child. (just an example)

What do you do then, may I ask? (I was gonna tell them that being that hes not accepted I'm going to send him to Public school lol. I knew it × work cuz not affiliated with them. )

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 2:46 pm
Sometimes it's real, and they have 40 kids per grade/class. Sometimes it's a way to say no. Can you say the other kids are in the same school?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 3:38 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Sometimes it's real, and they have 40 kids per grade/class. Sometimes it's a way to say no. Can you say the other kids are in the same school?

I just heard that in this age it can be real that they don't have room & don't want to overload the first grade after barmitzvo.
It's not like They even inquired on my boy. His rebbe woulda tell him They r in very good terms.

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 3:47 pm
amother wrote:
What do you do then, may I ask? (I was gonna tell them that being that hes not accepted I'm going to send him to Public school lol. I knew it × work cuz not affiliated with them. )

Go there and make a personal appeal.

Can you get a big donor and/or big Rabbi to support you?

Can you offer the school a big donation? Sorry to sound like a cynic, but sometimes space is magically found for those who can write large checks.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 3:55 pm
Squishy wrote:
Go there and make a personal appeal.

Can you get a big donor and/or big Rabbi to support you?

Can you offer the school a big donation? Sorry to sound like a cynic, but sometimes space is magically found for those who can write large checks.

Lololololol
Ty for the lift
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics