Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Buy house between 200k-250k?
Previous  1  2  3

rmbg

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 9:34 pm
Please don't move to Cleveland without a job.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 9:48 pm
rmbg wrote:
Please don't move to Cleveland without a job.

Thank you, definitely won't be moving without a job, and I'm understanding that jobs are very hard to come by....

Does anyone know anything about boca raton?
I heard have houses for 350k?
Any info?

amother
Green

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 9:53 pm
Look into Bensalem, PA

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 9:56 pm
amother wrote:
Look into Bensalem, PA

Thank you,
I was there for shabbos. The Rav is amazing but the community is tiny...! I need something bigger more established for my family

n

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 10:17 pm
Have you looked into Scranton pa?

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 9:08 am
Indiana state has jewish communities in
South Bend
Indianapolis

Housing is reasonable.

Vouchers for tuition is an amazing advantage.

Texas, believe there's nice community in Houston and another city.

Arizona also has vibrant communities

byisrael

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 3:44 pm
Twin Rivers NJ

Houses in that price range, kids travel to Highland Park or Lakewood (1/2 each way). Very kiruv oriented small community with very new kiruv kollel but located so close to lakewood/ NY/ philadelphia that you could commute to a chinuch/ kiruv position.

shaimac1

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 10:34 pm
amother wrote:
Hi, we live in a very expensive city, we are not looking to move right now but iyh in next few years, there is no way we can buy a house here or pay the high rent,
Please give me ideas of where we can move.

Big house at least 4 bedrooms,, yard ect 200-250k
We are yeshivish but not Lakewood yeshivish (we don't live in Lakewood) my husband is American Israeli so that also sort of makes is different...

My husband works in chinuch and kiruv. So Need place with jobs,
Thanks for all your help?!!

As a professional who assists families every day with finding the right community with jobs that work for them and homes that fit their family size you are asking a lot with this question. You have been suggested a few options and my advice would be to check into each of those cities mentioned, but also look into the list of communities at https://www.ou.org/fair/.

A lot of the smaller growing communities may have jobs in the future, but the housing market is going to change and most likely in places that have nice homes with the updates you are looking for an reasonable taxes and cost of living you are going to be lucky if you can find 4 bedrooms for that price. Most homes these days OOT that have at least 4 bedrooms and updates are really from $250k-$350k in the nice areas of OOT communites if you are lucky. And make sure to look into property taxes one city may have a cheap home, but may have high property taxes so one home may cost $50k less, but the taxes are $10k a year vs $3k a year for more expensive home and in the end you may want to pay less in property taxes then a cheaper home..just saying.

Good luck and feel free to PM me with any questions you may have. I have been working full time assisting families with moving OOT for over 3 years...
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating