Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Mitzvah note
Previous  1  2

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 2:14 pm
zaq wrote:
Smokey, you still send mitzvah notes for a thirteen year old? Isn't that a bit juvenile?

My mom used to send me mitzva notes occasionally, like when I cleaned up from pesach when I was 13, and she was laid up in bed.
It feels good to be acknowledged in writing some times.

It wasn't dear Morah, it was dear oak, thank you for taking charge and cleaning up the entire house from pesach. I know it wasn't easy to manage all of that on your own. I am so blessed to have you as a daughter, and I appreciate all of your hard work!
Love mommy.

Optione

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 5:54 pm
Sometimes I ask my child what the mitzvah note should say. Helps me know what sticks out in the child's head.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 5:03 am
amother wrote:
My mom used to send me mitzva notes occasionally, like when I cleaned up from pesach when I was 13, and she was laid up in bed.
It feels good to be acknowledged in writing some times.

It wasn't dear Morah, it was dear oak, thank you for taking charge and cleaning up the entire house from pesach. I know it wasn't easy to manage all of that on your own. I am so blessed to have you as a daughter, and I appreciate all of your hard work!
Love mommy.

That's not a mitzvah note, that's a thank you. I'd personally address my child, but writing works I guess.

zaq

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 5:27 am
What Ruchel said.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers