Home

FRUIT FLIES!!! HELP!!!!

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Aqua

Post  Mon, Sep 11 2017, 12:18 am
Ok im literally on the verge... These tiny little fruit flies are all over my house!! I feel like im breathing them. (for about 3 days) SO first, HOW DO I GET RID OF THEM???? I scrubbed my kitchen down with Ammonia but they're not only in the kitchen. Does anyone know what they come from? (No, there is no open food anywhere..) My son brought home a goldfish from camp about 2 weeks ago. Can it be from that? They're not necessarily around the fish alot. can someone please help??????????

Cookiegirl

Post  Mon, Sep 11 2017, 12:58 am
You can make a fruit fly trap (or a few). Cut a soda bottle where the bottle starts to taper toward the cap. Put some apple cider vinegar and a few drops of dish soap in the bottom. (You can also add a small piece of fruit in there, but not 100% needed). Invert the cut piece of the bottle so that the spout is pointing down toward the bottom of the bottle. Fruit flies will be drawn down the "funnel" and will not be able to get out. You can place a few of these around the house. They are pretty effective...

If you don't have plastic bottles, you can use a cup as well.

FYI- Fruit flies can come into the house with cut flowers, or produce from the store...

Good luck.

shabbatiscoming

Post  Mon, Sep 11 2017, 1:00 am
pour baking soda and vinegar down ALL of your drains, not just in your kitchen. That helped us get rid of them.

amother

Aqua

Post  Mon, Sep 11 2017, 1:06 am
Baking soda mixed with vinegar?

Boca00

Post  Mon, Sep 11 2017, 1:34 am
This one works really well- take sweet red wine and put into a disposable small plastic container. Add a few small drops of dish soap and stir gently.

amother

Turquoise

Post  Mon, Sep 11 2017, 11:31 am
best trap ever: take a cup of apple cider vinegar and put it in a cup covered with plastic with small holes on the top. Place one next to all of the areas you are the most infested--near the garbage can, near the dishes, near the fruit bowl, etc. Leave for 4 days. We recently did this and caught tons of fruit flies. We repeated this a week later to get any remaining ones. Really worked.

shabbatiscoming

Post  Mon, Sep 11 2017, 12:20 pm
amother wrote:
Baking soda mixed with vinegar?
yup

amother

Aquamarine

Post  Mon, Sep 11 2017, 1:46 pm
personally we tried various home remedies and in the end we went we a professional pest control company who finally got rid of them!

Zeleze

Post  Tue, Sep 12 2017, 1:30 pm
Here in Israel this summer it's really a plague

Much more then any other I remember

amother

Jetblack

Post  Tue, Sep 12 2017, 1:51 pm
Cookiegirl wrote:
You can make a fruit fly trap (or a few). Cut a soda bottle where the bottle starts to taper toward the cap. Put some apple cider vinegar and a few drops of dish soap in the bottom. (You can also add a small piece of fruit in there, but not 100% needed). Invert the cut piece of the bottle so that the spout is pointing down toward the bottom of the bottle. Fruit flies will be drawn down the "funnel" and will not be able to get out. You can place a few of these around the house. They are pretty effective...

If you don't have plastic bottles, you can use a cup as well.

FYI- Fruit flies can come into the house with cut flowers, or produce from the store...

Good luck.

We just got rid of them bh! using this method!
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h