Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Will you still take Uber?
Previous  1  2

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 11:12 pm
Yes. I will. Don't use it to often as we have two cars. But when I do use it, it's great.

oliveoil

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 11:17 pm
If you were going to stop using Uber, wouldn't it have made more sense to do it after that guy in michigan went on a shooting spree, picking up passengers in between?

debsey

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 11:36 pm
Short answer.

No.

Too easy for someone to do a terror attack with me as an unwitting passenger. Not gonna risk that.

shyshira

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 11:38 pm
Follow up - will you go to Manhattan?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 6:17 am
One of the Bataclan victims was killed home with a lost bullet. Go out!!

esther36

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 8:10 am
It actually said he was a Lyft driver not Uber. And Lyft doesn't screen their drivers. I personally would only use Uber but not with a middle Eastern driver.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 9:05 am
shyshira wrote:
Follow up - will you go to Manhattan?

Oh please some of us live or work there every day. There are haytahs everywhere. Some are ISIS wannabes and some are just plain lunatics with or without a political affiliation, but what difference does that make? Dead and wounded is dead and wounded no matter what team the perpetrator roots for.

You remind me of any number of classical myths about people who flee to another city to escape some dreadful fate, only to meet thst very fate in the place they fled to. When your time comes, your time comes no matter whete you think to hide.

Don’t let fear of terrorism keep you from going to Manhattan or anywhere else. If you do, you’ve given terror what it wants: control over your life.

shyshira

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 9:06 am
amother wrote:
Oh please some of us live or work there every day. There are haytahs everywhere. Some are ISIS wannabes and some are just plain lunatics with or without a political affiliation, but what difference does that make? Dead and wounded is dead and wounded no matter what team the perpetrator roots for.

You remind me of any number of classical myths about people who flee to another city to escape some dreadful fate, only to meet thst verybfate in the place they fled to. When your time comes, your time comes no matter whete you think to hide.

Don’t let fear of terrorism keep you from going to Manhattan or anywhere else. If you do, you’ve given terror what it wants: control over your life.

I think you missed the irony in my post.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 10:26 am
notshanarishona wrote:
I would still take Uber. It shows you who the driver is and you have a chance to cancel.
I would not go with a muslim driver.

Uber, Lyft ban far-right commentator after anti-Muslim tweets

https://www.cnet.com/news/uber.....eets/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Loomer

Last edited by imasoftov on Thu, Nov 02 2017, 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

sima

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 3:33 pm
I don't take uber that much. But how is a yellow cab any different (if you are in NYC) or any taxi for that matter. Any driver regardless which company they are affiliated with could have bad intentions.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics