Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Telemarketers, please answer my question
Previous  1  2

shirachadasha

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 1:52 am
I got a call from a frum organization for which I volunteer. I was annoyed by the call but I politely listened to the request. At the end I said "no, thank you". I waited for the caller to thank me and wish me a good evening. Instead I heard "click".
I got hung up on by a telemarketer!
I called her back and told her how rude it was. She told me that she did say thank you but I didn't hear it. shock

imasoftov

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 2:25 am
shirachadasha wrote:
I got hung up on by a telemarketer!
I called her back

cm

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 3:37 am
Iymnok wrote:
I don't know. Dh was looking into what's involved when calling people for his business and found that it's difficult and sometimes costly to do it leagally.

I don't know if tzedaka organizations and other non-profits have different laws.

Charitable and political organizations are exempt from "do not call" restrictions.

Here's more:
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/a.....istry

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 4:23 am
The frum organizations that pretend I made a donation last year and they want to count on me this year annoy me. Both my friend and I got the same call from the same organization. They are lying and disgusting - but it is for a good cause.

Another trick is when the frum telemarketers say you or your husband made a pledge sms they are collecting it. A friend of mine worked to raise money and was told to say that when calling.

This is so deceitful.

I got a call last night from a woman who wanted to speak with my husband. She wouldn't tell me what she wanted. She said it was personal. Excuse me??? She was looking for a donation to an organization we supported with large donations yearly. I told my husband we have no money anymore for this organization ever. I don't need disrespectful calls like this.

WastingTime

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 4:29 am
When I get a "hi Mrs. WastingTime" my radar goes up because I'm in Israel and no one uses Mrs. When they say "I'm calling from organization ABC" before they say anymore I
say "Sorry, we are unable to donate now, best of luck" and hang up without waiting for a response. Polite but to the point.

MrsDash

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 4:41 am

Iymnok

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 4:43 am
WastingTime wrote:
When I get a "hi Mrs. WastingTime" my radar goes up because I'm in Israel and no one uses Mrs. When they say "I'm calling from organization ABC" before they say anymore I
say "Sorry, we are unable to donate now, best of luck" and hang up without waiting for a response. Polite but to the point.

I like, "I'm sorry we can't help right now, hatzlochah rabba!"

imasoftov

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 4:49 am
Squishy wrote:
The frum organizations that pretend I made a donation last year and they want to count on me this year annoy me. Both my friend and I got the same call from the same organization. They are lying and disgusting - but it is for a good cause.

I'd be willing to entertain the notion that it matters that it's for a good cause at their sentencing, but not under any other situation. And that only on condition that they don't gain any sort of benefit from operating the charity. Not a salary for themselves, even if they personally are volunteers that they don't have the ability to give jobs to people close to them, or they have a budget (say for office equipment or phone lines) that they can give to friends. Not even a free coffee at the office.

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 6:15 am
imasoftov wrote:
I'd be willing to entertain the notion that it matters that it's for a good cause at their sentencing, but not under any other situation. And that only on condition that they don't gain any sort of benefit from operating the charity. Not a salary for themselves, even if they personally are volunteers that they don't have the ability to give jobs to people close to them, or they have a budget (say for office equipment or phone lines) that they can give to friends. Not even a free coffee at the office.

I am sure they get a percentage of the money raised. My friend got 80 percent!!!

The woman who called me Motzi Shabbos would not have been so insistent on speaking with my husband if she wasn't getting part of what she raised. If I had any SB issues, a female calling and not saying why would only exacerbate them.

busymother

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 11:46 am
Just an FYI cuz I'm in sales now, if you don't answer or say you'll think about it and get back to us, we'll keep calling till we can put you down for a yes or no.

cbsp

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 6:43 pm
MrsDash wrote:

What's that thing with the twisty looking wire coming out of one end? Scratching Head
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics