Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Spinoff: How come people don't care about being fat?
Previous  1  2  3

mammala120

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 8:41 am
One more thing...... the diet and exercise will work if you don't have underlying condition like thyroid issues, water retention due to organ damage, tumors.... you get the idea

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 3:58 pm
SuperWify wrote:
1. I lost the majority of weight in less then 3 months pp. but from month 3-6 while nursing and barely eating I stayed the same.
2. Now that I stopped I lost another 2 pounds
3. I am short so weight piles...
4. My waist gets skinner and skinnier when I diet but my stomach and hips are not going away Sad
5. I’m told that I look great and skinny but I still want to lose all my baby weight especially those hips

Thanks for the tips!

Check out Lipedema:
https://ww2.kqed.org/futureofy.....d-of/

GreenEyes26

Post Sat, Nov 25 2017, 6:57 pm
amother wrote:
Check out Lipedema:
https://ww2.kqed.org/futureofy.....d-of/

Oh my god. She doesn’t have lipedema. Her body’s changed since giving birth. It happens.

Good lord, way to fear-mong.

SuperWify

Post Sat, Nov 25 2017, 7:01 pm
GreenEyes26 wrote:
Oh my god. She doesn’t have lipedema. Her body’s changed since giving birth. It happens.

Good lord, way to fear-mong.

Thank you! My legs aren’t tree trunks... I was complaining about a small stomach and wider hips dlthat most human females suffer from after birth

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 8:34 pm
Well I wish I'd known about this condition years ago, I had no idea what my problem was.

I'm glad this is NOT what you have but somebody out there just might.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 8:44 pm
amother wrote:
Well I wish I'd known about this condition years ago, I had no idea what my problem was.

I'm glad this is NOT what you have but somebody out there just might.
thanks.
Now that you know is there anything to help you?

etky

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 12:38 am
amother wrote:
Are you eating fake sugars (like splenda, etc.) or whatever they put in diet soda these days? Because they cause weight gain, but most Americans are clueless about that and wonder why they're gaining weight on the "right" foods.

It has not been established that they cause weight gain.
Studies have shown that they are 'associated with' weight gain. While there is correlation, a causal link has yet to be proven.
This means that there can also be behavioral issues among those who consume sweetners that are causing them to gain the weight.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 2:56 pm
SuperWify wrote:
thanks.
Now that you know is there anything to help you?

Not losing weight on my hips despite starving and eventually different physical diseases caused by this lack of knowledge (directly and indirectly) was and is excruciating.

Lipedema is extremely painful and as of now there is no cure and not much basic understanding of lymphatic diseases.
But there are some things that can be done and I'm grateful that I came across this at least now.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 4:04 pm
amother wrote:
Alright so it seems most people's response was that medications were the culprit for the weight gain and not the cookies and chocolate. So "overweight" ladies I am curious what do you eat? How much do you eat? How often do you eat? I am not the op of the original thread but I always feel like I am relentless with my eating yet I am only 8 pounds overweight according to BMI chart. Made me always wonder how much more are overweight people eating as I never see my overweight friends eat while I am always shoveling food in..

Hey lady you are only 8 pounds over weight Whats your complaint , whats 8 pounts compared to 50 or 100 pounds that some ppl have to loose, most over weight ppl dont eat all day or even eat more then you. I think each person has a different metabolic thier bodies are different some have slow thyroids some are on certain medications that make loosing weight impossible , and some ppl are just eating the wrong foods, They may have elergies to the food that make them gain weight .
The best way to loose the weight which is really hard work is to go to the right Dr that can check your blood work and figure out whats making someone gin weight and how to loose it.
Lots pf over weight people these dys just gave up and are doing the sleeve surgery .

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 4:12 pm
I'm 50 lbs overweight and it's because I eat. Alot. Like very large breakfast and doubles and triples of lunch and dinner. I've been losing weight slowly (15 lb. So far) but it's a really big challenge get because I looove carbs like pasta and bread. Also every shobbos there is so much food available Basically, of there is food around I will overeat. I thibk of it as an eating disorder and know it will be my lifelong challenge. I don't eat candy and cake though, they are not tempting to me.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise