Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Dental Care in Israel?

SouthernShalom

Post Fri, Jul 27 2007, 10:08 am
Sorry about the category. I couldn't decide where this needed to be so I stuck it here. Can any of you gals in Israel tell me about the dental insurance there? All the ins and outs. How does it work? Is it good?

Tamiri

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 3:33 am
Generally speaking, there is not dental insurance as you know it in the States. There is something called Dikla which covers certain things, but I think you can only get it through specific work places. Not sure. In general, if you have Kupat Cholim Clalit (largest health fund) supplementary insurance, you are entitled to one free cleaning per year at one of their clinics. We are very please with the level of service there. We get one free/year and one we pay for. It's not that expensive, maybe $30 for a cleaning. Flouride treatments are extra. They have up to date clinics and Hadassa trained hygienists. For simple dental work we also go to their clinic, which is subsidized compared to private dentistry. We found a dentist we feel comf with. If chas veshalom we need more comprehensive work, we'll probably go private. For the kids, though the clinic offers orthodontics, we go private and pay prob 40% more.
If money is not an issue for you, then find a good dentist and pay full price which will be significantly lower than the States.

shalhevet

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 3:43 am
We also are in Klalit and I have a great dentist there. Also a great kid's dentist. I think the other kuppot also have their own dentists.

The free cleaning is only if you are in Mushlam (we are) and is even for the kids too.

Marion

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 7:11 am
In Meuchedet you get a discount if you go to one of their clinics, but nothing's free, no matter what insurance package you have. Sigh. B"H I have great teeth & gums (medically speaking), and therefore can get away with not going very often. However, what we save on my mouth we more than spend on DH. I'm praying DS and future kids inherit my mouth!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics