Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Need easy nice MM because I am not well

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 10:43 am
The MM fairies are not assembling the MM as I sleep. They didn't even shop for me. DH and the kids are amazing taking care of me, but this isn't happening. I usually glue everything and create elaborate MMs.

Kindly, tell me what can be done last minute. I don't want a paper bag. Beyond that I am open. Usually at this time, MMs are lined up waiting for fresh baked goods and to be sealed.

I have colored ribbon to match their costumes and some candy. That's it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 11:20 am
Whoa, you're doing a LOT, way above and beyond what is required to fulfil the mitzva.

In the past, I've gotten white paper bags, and had DD decorate them. Everyone thought her "artwork" was adorable. One tangerine, one granola bar, and a nice note.

Zehu.

Last week my therapist asked me what I was doing for Purim, I told her "The absolute minimum." and she said "Good for you! I'm glad to see that you're working on your boundaries and self care!"

chocolatecake

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 11:21 am
You can buy a four sectional candy tray and fill it with four different kinds of nuts and candy. You can even try to color coordinate with the kids. Its easy and not too expensive and stick a nice bow on top and it can look really nice.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 11:36 am
Have your kids place a small bottle and box of chocolate in a snug clear cellophane bag. Add a synthetic flower between the 2. Tie with ready made satin bow that comes with a clear twist tie.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 11:40 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Whoa, you're doing a LOT, way above and beyond what is required to fulfil the mitzva.

In the past, I've gotten white paper bags, and had DD decorate them. Everyone thought her "artwork" was adorable. One tangerine, one granola bar, and a nice note.

Zehu.

Last week my therapist asked me what I was doing for Purim, I told her "The absolute minimum." and she said "Good for you! I'm glad to see that you're working on your boundaries and self care!"

We exchange with a good amount of people. I already am willing to go simple, but it is hard to eliminate friends.

I don't have anyone to decorate bags. I do need a simple idea for packaging. We always give a liquid.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 11:42 am
ra_mom wrote:
Have your kids place a small bottle and box of chocolate in a snug clear cellophane bag. Add a synthetic flower between the 2. Tie with ready made satin bow that comes with a clear twist tie.

This sounds sensational. Where do I get the ready made bows?

Raisin

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 11:44 am
I do the same thing every year. Two substantial items - chocolate and grape juice, chocolate and nuts, challa and something else. Wrap in cellophane and tie with ribbons. Curl ribbons. Print nice cards to go on each one.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 11:46 am
chocolatecake wrote:
You can buy a four sectional candy tray and fill it with four different kinds of nuts and candy. You can even try to color coordinate with the kids. Its easy and not too expensive and stick a nice bow on top and it can look really nice.

Sounds lovely, but this is beyond me at the moment. Going to the store is hard. I would have to send DH and DCs and it wouldn't work. I can send them for definitive quantities but not anything like this.

Love the idea!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 11:49 am
amother wrote:

At variety corner on 45th St and 14th Ave in BP. All colors.

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Feb 25 2018, 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 11:49 am
Raisin wrote:
I do the same thing every year. Two substantial items - chocolate and grape juice, chocolate and nuts, challa and something else. Wrap in cellophane and tie with ribbons. Curl ribbons. Print nice cards to go on each one.

Do you use cellophane bags or shrink wrap?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 11:57 am
amother wrote:

Amazing Savingd has them in white and off white .

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 11:59 am
Something even easier. Tie mini mesh bags filled with wrapped chocolates or candies , or nuts onto a grape juice bottle.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 12:02 pm
A small bottle or grape juice and 2 challah rolls. Good shabbos.
Least it wont get recycled or thrown out.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 12:36 pm
Ladies thank you for the wonderful suggestions!

Stars

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 12:45 pm
Small box of chocolates with a mini liquor glued on top. Tie the whole thing with a ribbon
Are you in NY? saw the postiv brand advertise that you can order salads from them, ready to go as mm for a pretty reasonable price.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 1:03 pm
Stars wrote:
Small box of chocolates with a mini liquor glued on top. Tie the whole thing with a ribbon
Are you in NY? saw the postiv brand advertise that you can order salads from them, ready to go as mm for a pretty reasonable price.

Yes, I am in NY. Do you remember the price?

Raisin

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 2:02 pm
amother wrote:
Do you use cellophane bags or shrink wrap?

I use the big rolls of clear cellophane. Cut off large pieces. Place items in middle. Gather up cellophane like a money bag or wrapped candy and tie round with scotch tape. Tie ribbon around gathered bit. Curl ribbon using a pair or scissors.

I live in a very not fancy oot place so anything fancier would be odd.

Don't do refrigerated items, stick to shelf stable stuff like chocolate, wine, cookies, nuts. This way they can be wrapped and assembled in advance.

refuah shleima!

cnc

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 2:20 pm
amother wrote:
Yes, I am in NY. Do you remember the price?

A case of 12 for $50.

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Feb 25 2018, 2:22 pm
Amazon prime has cute bags and boxes that you can fill with easy stuff. Have DH go out and get a case of water/juice/mini grape juice, bars of chocolate, oranges, or anything else shelf stable until Thursday. And with prime the bags or boxes come straight to your door!
Or just do amazon prime all the way- Amazon also has some kosher snacks, granola bars etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics