Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Has this world gone mad?

supermom

Post Fri, Jun 10 2005, 8:50 am
I can't believe this!! we live in a small community. my husband came home last night and told me that ten year olds and up all knew every thing about s.e.x. even more than I knew before I got married.!! one of them wrote a [filth] letter to a newlywed couple and sent it to her, I was shocked. I knew that the teenagers here knew more than I could think, since they come to me with all sorts of questions that I don't even want to discuss. I tell them constintly can't you wait until you get married, and then learn this stuff? the teenagers here come to a point that when their mother goes out at night they ask her if she is going to the mikveh. what is going on in this generation? is this what I have to bring my kids up worrying whats on their minds expect growing up?

And some of the boys forget about them they also are just like the girls. whre can they possibly pick up this type of stuff?

miriam

Post Fri, Jun 10 2005, 12:45 pm
Not being judgemental (of course) but probably the parents to go to great lengths to keep their private life PRIVATE.

supermom

Post Sat, Jun 11 2005, 1:43 pm
I am positivly sure they do but were are they picking it up from? like I asked one teenager where she got some of her information which shocked the living daylights out of me how she new. and she told me that one of her friends have a friend that is a kallah teacher and she sat with her and told her everything and this girl is sixteen years old. why is there a need for her to know so early and let alone what business does this kallah teacher have a right to tell these girls such things?

Rivka

Post Sat, Jun 11 2005, 9:06 pm
I thought kallah teachers were just kallah teachers...ie teaching kallahs, not every single girl that comes to her...especially someone who is just about the age of consent to get married and even then only with a parents permission.
Maybe she told the girl instead of the girl going off and getting it from other sources such as magazines or other girls who know even less.
So in some ways maybe the kallah teacher was right...but then again if it was about anything to do with marriage, she was wrong.
Maybe the kids are growing up faster than the parents dare to realise.
My and my husband agree that we will talk to our kids about the birds and the bees so they don't hear it from anyone else and don't get any stupid ideas. Also I will speak to female and my husband will speak to male children. Also you have to know when the child is ready. Girls is probably easier to know coz once they start perioding it's generally a good time, or maybe a year after that. Boys you have to know them.
Nothing is unknown anymore and it is sad, but we also have to deal with it as a new challenge with teens of today and deal with it so they don't get into trouble and also feel they can speak to proper adults about things.

Motek

Post Sun, Jun 12 2005, 12:09 pm
supermom wrote:
I can't believe this!! we live in a small community. my husband came home last night and told me that ten year olds and up all knew every thing about s.e.x.

what sort of community is it? what type of chinuch are parents providing?

supermom

Post Mon, Jun 13 2005, 2:32 pm
this is a very small community. but I think the main problem is that they think that their kids are to innocent to know anything since they tried their best to keep them out of these types of groups. as far as a kallah teacher is concerned why can't the kallah teacher say that I can't tell you go to your parents. even so I don't think a girl that is no where near engaged should have to know about what is allowed and what is not allowed during intercourse. like I mentioned they are also picking it up from the girls in their classes. One of the kids in my daughters class which she is only four said something which I was shocked it had to do with her mother going to the mikveh and she knew why!!!

Rivka

Post Tue, Jun 14 2005, 7:36 pm
a 4 year old???? That is crazy! Oh I see what the kallah teacher told her, yeah she doesn't really need to know that now.

JEWISHMAMA

Post Wed, Jun 15 2005, 4:23 am
I HEARD RECENTLY ON THE RADIO THAT A NEW BOOK HAS BEEN PUBLISHED FOR YOUNG CHILDREN SO THAT THEY ARE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT relations IS. WHY A YOUNG CHILD NEED TO KNOW ABOUT relations IS BEYOND ME. MY PARENTS DIDNĀ“T LET ME DATE TIL I WAS FIFTEEN AND THEN I COULD ONLY HANG AROUND THE BLOCK. AND MY PARENTS ARE NOT RELIGIOUS!!

pamelot

Post Sun, Jun 19 2005, 3:25 pm
It sounds like someone should talk to that kallah teacher about giving out information like that to unmarried girls. And the four year old knowing about her mother going to the mikveh and why, that is something that she should not be knowing about or telling others about!

Pamelot

Tefila

Post Sun, Jun 19 2005, 6:07 pm
Quote:
One of the kids in my daughters class which she is only four said something which I was shocked it had to do with her mother going to the mikveh and she knew why!!!

Are you serious shock

Motek

Post Sun, Jun 19 2005, 6:50 pm
either bad parenting or a bad environment or both

Rivka

Post Sun, Jun 19 2005, 7:24 pm
Soon the kids will know before they are even conceived and manage to get it on the net....actually they will have a book to read to your fetus about human relations and how exactly they came about.
Twisted Evil
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics