Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
The most difficult part of having a baby
Previous  1  2

What was the hardest part for you of having a baby (physically)?
getting pregnant (tests, treatments etc if relevant)  
 5%  [ 4 ]
the pregnancy itself  
 29%  [ 22 ]
labor and delivery  
 18%  [ 14 ]
the first few week/months with the new baby  
 45%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 74

amother

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 9:16 am
Ruchel wrote:
momtomor wrote:
For me, everything involving a baby is difficult (besides conceiving). My pregnancy was terrible, my postpartum even worse, and taking care of the baby wasn't as hard as it was nervewracking. Even now at 18 months, I find that it's still difficult to take care of him.

But he's adorable!

Ah yeah, if everything could be like conceiving LOL (please don't censor me, mods lol).

Well I happen to find conceiving very hard, we are married for a while and no pregnancy no kids, always running back and for for blood tests and doctors, so yes some people do find conceiving hard!!!!

amother

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 11:19 am
[/quote]Ruchel wrote:
Ah yeah, if everything could be like conceiving (please don't censor me, mods lol).

I agree with you amother, Ruchel, did u read what other ppl wrote? some said that they waited. I also waited a while and by reading your post it was very hurtful. after many years of trying and many many $$ later we have a child but no it was not easy by any stretch of the imagination. pls think be4 you post.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 11:26 am
It was a joke... if I meant "that" kind of conceiving I wouldn't have said "mods don't censor it"...

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 11:32 am
ruchel meant to say if only it's as easy as relations. her english language barrier made it come across to sound as if it were 'getting pg'.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 11:46 am
Thanks Mindy.
As an only child born after 7 years of marriage I know through every day life example that getting pregnant is not necessarily easy. Of course I meant conceiving in the sense of "making the act that generally can lead to conceiving a child".

amother

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 11:59 am
pregnancy was good not too hard, however the post partum was the real difficult part with an episiotimy you can imagine using the toilet was dreadful and painful as anything... I had hemeroids.
I guess next one I'll know what to expect because this came as a total surprise.

curly

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 12:24 pm
the actual delivery was very hard for me. After seeing him right away they took him to the nursery. The next morning they brought to me and said they were taking him to the NICU. After that I fainted so they didn't let me get out of bed till the next morning. It was really hard I wanted to see him.

MrsLeo

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 2:24 pm
I dont remember my pregnancy being too hard. I mean, the last few weeks wen I just wanted the baby out already was uncomfortable but nothing compared to wat I went thru during delivery and the weeks after! I had a REALLY BAD episiotomy. I couldnt move!! I couldnt sit and I couldnt stand either. it was TERRIBLE! every time I had to sneeze or cough I would almost die in pain cuz the stitches would pull. But Baruch Hashem I got over that and I have my beautiful baby!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics