Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Dieting
Previous  1  2

supermom

Post Fri, Jun 10 2005, 9:01 am
how much weight did you loose on that diet? just eating veggis, fruits, and protien?

mother of 2 princess's

Post Fri, Jun 10 2005, 9:32 am
does anyone have a slimming world cheese cake recipe
I dont know if you have slimming world in the states or not

cr2005

Post Fri, Jun 10 2005, 11:07 am
Hi supermom well it 2 weeks being on that diet I lost 10 pounds, but it isn't good to be on the diet for too long, being that your depriving your body of nutrients.
Now like I said im not eating carbs, sweets and not eating past 8pm, and I feel great everyday its always a challenge, but everyday I wake up I feel a little lighter. The feeling is so rewarding

Rochel Leah

Post Fri, Jun 10 2005, 11:17 am
A great book that I am reading now is called "the ulitmate Weight Solution " by Dr. Phil. it has and is helping me alot. I have lost 15 lbs so far. they are coming off slowly, but I am happier that way cuz hopefully that means that they are staying off.

this book really gives you a great perspective on things.

frog

Post Fri, Jun 10 2005, 11:17 am
teh slimming world cheese cake is cottage cheese, cream cheese or fromage frais (all very low fat), lemon, vanilla essence and canderell (I am using real sugar becasue canderell leaves a taste afterwards.

carrot

Post Fri, Jun 10 2005, 11:20 am
when I wanted to lose weight dietician told me that number one step to take is cut out ALL fruit juices and sweetened drinks. (I guess diet drinks are ok if you don't mind the chemicals, but there are people who say that they cause your metabolism to slow down over time and other long term bad effects that will sabotage you. also they dehydrate you... so I don't know.)

good luck! you sound like you are doing great!

hindyandrafi

Post Fri, Jun 10 2005, 2:58 pm
First of all... well done Amanda!!!!!! keep up the good work.. Im in the same boat as you,, its a constant struggle.. I just had a baby and now Im about to try the South Beach Diet.... along with my hubby who also needs to lose a few pounds...

Does anyone have any good recipes that are easy???? I have PCOS and I was told that this diet works wonders for this condifion, as it straightenns out the insulin problem

mother of 2 princess's

Post Wed, Jun 15 2005, 5:21 pm
whats pcos
do you have slimming world in the states
iv just started that
and now ruined it over shavos
amanda

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Jun 15 2005, 5:40 pm
I have a good friend who has PCOS and she is on a very low carb diet. She says it made a really big difference for her. She recently found a low carb pasta and she says shes in heaven cause she missed it so much.

PCOS poly cystic ovary syndrom ( sorry for bad spelling)

frog

Post Thu, Jun 16 2005, 11:16 am
there is no slimming world in the US. which is shame since its the best diet I know. I have been on it for 6 years. whilpreg and nursing...since it is such a well balanced diet. I live in ny but bought all books with me. (there is great new ecipe book. I made excellent low fat cheese cake. There is a new frum dieters book called "how to succeed on any diet" and it has some great tips for erev shabbos, and other danger times - well worth the read.

shira

Post Thu, Jun 16 2005, 11:46 am
Hi all. This is my first post ever. This is a great website- yasher koach, Yael.

We have a great diet in Israel called "Slim for Life" which is basically a variation on Weight Watchers. Its worked WONDERS for us because in order to stay within our "point limit" we had to make real changes in our saturated fat/calorie intake- and its become a lifestyle. Now I cook with applesauce and stay away from as many egg yolks as possible. We've also switched to eating whole grains.
Of course, cranberry apple crisp is more like cranberry apple chew but, if you aren't too picky it ain't that bad;)

I lost 25 lbs on the diet and my husband has lost almost 50. (I like to say that we've lost a collective 75 lbs!)

The funny thing is- we used to think that to loose weight we had to stay away from carbs (and starve.......) My husband eats a half a bag of whole wheat noodles for lunch every day along with fruits and vegetables and each weak he looses another kilo........

I've pretty much plateaued but thats because I REALLY like chocolate LOL

cr2005

Post Fri, Jun 17 2005, 11:07 am
Im actually joining CURVES im really excited about it, they work with you and help you with your diet to loose weight, gain muscle or work on your cardiovascular. Im starting it monday and im really excited about it. I think it would be really motivating working with people who want the same thing as you. Wish me luck.
I've actually lost some weight since going on my juicing diet and I feel more energetic, Its something you go on for a week or two just to balance your system out, after yomim tovim, wedding parties you all know what im talking about, you have no idea how it amazing it feel.
Don't underestimate me its really hard but past the 3rd day it gets easier

IndyMom

Post Fri, Jun 17 2005, 7:16 pm
What is your juicing diet? I love fresh squeezed juice. Is that all you eat for an entire week? Sounds delish!

cr2005

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 9:24 am
basically the diet that I was on was juicing any types of vegetables or fruit besides really sweet fruit like strawberries, melons, papaya basically tropical fruits

1stimer

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 10:14 am
And that is all you eat? For how long? What's the difference between juicing and eating proper?

cr2005

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 1:10 pm
the difference about the juicing diet its basically, a cleansing diet, getting rid of junk that doesn't belong in your body. Its something that I do just to feel better its not something you keep on a regular basis as you can see nutritionwise but, for two weeks its not going to harm.After going on this juicing diet I felt more energetic, happeir I was able to think clearly. You have to try it to really believe it, and believe me I was the type of person who always had to have something in my mouth, just the thought of going throughout the day with only juicing ( oh btw the diet also allows you to have a big salad for lunch with no oil when dressing it, and a small amount of rice and beans for supper- I did it for two weeks I just couldn't do it anymore- but the results were amazing I lost 10 lbs. and like I said before I felt mentally 100% better

IndyMom

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 1:40 pm
You know that feeling when you are pigging out on the wrong things and you just keep eating becuase you think the next thing is going to actually make you feel better, but then it makes you feel worse. So on days like that, I can end teh cycle by juicing. I make a carrot apple ginger and I can actually feel like it is cleansing me and I don't feel the need to eat anything afterward to make me feel better for what I just ate.

I will definitely try your juicing diet at some point after this baby comes. It sounds like a good jumpstart for when I am ready to lose weight. First I want to make sure that my baby is nursing good before I go and cut down any of my food groups.

deedee

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 10:44 pm
I did juice for a week a while ago. it was really tough but on the last day I woke up and jumped out of bed with soooo much energy. I have never felt so good in my entire life as I did on that day. I understand when u say everything seemed much cleared, I thought, so this is what it means to really be alive!!!

weight loss-what really did it for me (as I came to a standstill with baby weight) was finding out I was borderline diabetic so I was put off all and any sugar and have to stop eating by 7pm! I actually lost 3lbs already (2wks). now I just gotta fit exercise into my routine. at least my fingers are getting a work out LOL
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise