Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Dream Analysis

Emuna

Post Wed, Sep 19 2007, 10:13 am
Does anyone analyze dreams?

I had a horrible dream that woke me up this morning and I couldn't get back to sleep. I was in an elevator with an unknown group of people (one old man that I didn't know in particular) and the elevator went haywire - wrong direction down instead of up, and then SIDEWAYS!!! The old man was flipping out and I was trying to keep him calm. There were no phones or communication. It was terrifying. Then somehow I climbed to the top and got out. Then I woke up...

What could this mean?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Sep 19 2007, 10:18 am
You might read Rabbi Shmuley's book on dreams.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 19 2007, 10:54 am
I had a frightening dream one night where I dreamt that my father died. In the morning I repeated the dream to my husband. That night I got a phonecall that my father had died early morning. My husband is really spooked out by it. I now panic every time I have a sad/scary dream.

Emuna

Post Wed, Sep 19 2007, 2:27 pm
What's Rabbi Shmuley's book?

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Sep 19 2007, 3:17 pm
ramchal says in derech hashem that there are different sources for dreams. when we sleep, a part of our neshama explores the spiritual realm and comes to meet different spiritual entities. sometimes the neshama meets "good" entities, which may give the neshama some true information about events that may happen. it may also meet "bad" entities, which may give wrong information about events. ramchal also states that certain combinations of food may bring on bad dreams. basically, it's not for us to interpret dreams; we don't know the sources, and even if the interpretation makes sense, the dream may have been info from a "bad" source. so don't worry yourself too much.

if the dreams bother you, you can say the yehi ratzon during birchas cohanim against bad dreams.

CAYA

Post Wed, Sep 19 2007, 3:25 pm
I had a dream that somebody stole a huge sum from my father and I repeated it to him the next morning and it was actually true, I just couldnt beleive it, cuz in my dream I was off with just a few dollars.......I was so confused when heard its actually true. I even woke up that morning yelling "get the thief, get him" dh thought im nuts!

I had such things a few times already, an old freind of mine had a baby and I had a dream that the baby stayed in the hospital for some reason, the next week when I spoke to her she told me it was actually true, the baby developed an infection and stayed there for some time!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Sep 19 2007, 3:27 pm
Emuna wrote:
What's Rabbi Shmuley's book?

It’s called Dreams.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics