Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Tznias Police - makes me feel like an old lady

Mitzvahmom

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 12:42 pm
Today the modern orthodox high schoolers were BLASTING rap music in the other room

"could you please turn it down, we have older members that would not appreciate the sound."

Noticing that the room is dark with one light, and on the other side of the room I see skirts...

"Are there any adults up here?"
kids "no" and I can tell they are rolling their eyes

"ladies u need to go down stairs, please, there are no adults watching you I am sorry."

5 MIN LATER

I hear more girls coming up the stairs, I peek out.. "Ladies boys are in there and there is no adult. "
girls, "but there are tons of girls in there."

So I have to call the office, complain (feeling like an old lady). "there are boys and girls, I asked the girls to go down stairs but they keep coming up."

One of the Rabbi's comes up walks in rolls his eyes, tells me that he is so sick of how the kids get away with so much at this school. That now he's up there watching them, no worries

amother

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 9:01 am
interesting post .

greenfire

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 9:13 am
hm ... watching them do what ... shock

amother

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 10:52 am
- could you have told the story just as effectively without using the term ""modern orthodox"?
it wasnt necessary to the story, moreover it implies that it is normal for MO kids to listen to blaring rap, are disrespectful, and hang out, in a room full of guys.

greenfire

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 10:57 am
amother wrote:
- could you have told the story just as effectively without using the term ""modern orthodox"?
it wasnt necessary to the story, moreover it implies that it is normal for MO kids to listen to blaring rap, are disrespectful, and hang out, in a room full of guys.

hm ... you've got a good point there ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics