Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Does everyone have real challenges?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 10:30 pm
Thank you, notshanarishona. Your post is eloquent and very validating. I wasn't going to read this thread anymore, because I found some of the posts so upsetting. I'm glad I did, now.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 10:36 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Thank you, notshanarishona. Your post is eloquent and very validating. I wasn't going to read this thread anymore, because I found some of the posts so upsetting. I'm glad I did, now.

I agree with you.
Wishing you an abundance of brachos and yeshuos.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 9:38 am
When I first saw this thread, I was like, oh I guess I'm one of those people who doesn't have any problems. My life is fabulous and exciting and interesting every day. I go outside at night and look at the stars and am overwhelmed by the goodness and joy in my life. Sometimes I'm so happy I catch my breath just thinking about it.

But then I thought if you look at my life on paper, it looks pretty bad at different points through the years: difficult childhood, absent father, chronic serious illness, domestic violence marriage 15 + years, molested child, diff child with disability, poverty. Lol even reading this over, it's like omg all those things happened to me? wow.

I think everyone has difficulties, but for some people they become life-defining and for others they do not. This difference depends on the degree of challenge, of course, but it also depends on the person's outlook and overall perspective.

dankbar

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 10:31 am
I agree. Growing up with some difficulties I was happier than my friends who had everything going for them.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 12:30 pm
How can I change to a positive outlook? I've tried over the years to work on my attitude and see things more rosy but I struggle tremendously

amother
Tan

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 2:04 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
How can I change to a positive outlook? I've tried over the years to work on my attitude and see things more rosy but I struggle tremendously

I'm not going to tell you any thing new. Focus on anything good that you have. There must be something good in your life and constantly thank hashem for it. It will help keep the rosy focus. Also remember that yeshuas hashem keherif ayin. When you are daveniing for a yesuah, remember to thank hashem for the good.

I think I have a very good life. There are many things wrong with my life (think multiple things on the list that was in the previous post) and they are extremely painful. I still think hashem has blessed me with many things and I have a good life.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 2:04 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:

It's constant work. What works for me is to consciously reframe things in the positive even if I'm not feeling it. Eventually it starts feeling less like playacting.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics