Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Chulent challenges, how to get good consistency?

Charnie123

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 9:58 am
I use a small crockpot bc it’s often just my husband and me and maybe one guest. I have a challenge with figuring out how much barley and beans compared to how much water. Sometimes my Chulent gets too dry. Any tips?

tweety1

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 11:30 am
I put in all the ingredients and fill the pot till the top with water

gingybread

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 11:39 am
I like when my cholent has a thicker consistency, not when it's liquid with stuff floating in it. I have a 3.5 qt crock pot and I use 2/3 cups each of beans and barely. Add enough water just to cover contents of the pot. I either cook low all the way starting Thursday night or put it up Friday morning on high and switch to low right before Shabbos.

ETA that I check it right before Shabbos to see if it needs more water and usually add a bit.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus