Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
If you figured out someones sn....

amother

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 12:17 am
and they've written about very private things, would you tell them?

I'm afraid they'll be very embarrassed, but at the same time, they might appreciate it!

grapesonavine

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 12:25 am
I think it would be a mistake to let them know you know. In what way would they appreciate it?

redhot

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 12:34 am
I think you should tell her. if you know someones identity, it isnt fair to that person that u should let her think she is anonymous when you know who she is.

Tefila

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 12:35 am
I personally think you should tell her but not as amother ,she should know who u are too Wink

amother

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 12:41 am
I think she knows who I am anyway, but wouldn't that make it worse in a way? She sees me all the time!

cookielady

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 12:45 am
I think it would make the person very uncomfortable.

technic

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 12:48 am
if u decide 2 tell her, DONT mess w her head...the worst thing would b 2 tell her as amother, bcos then shell b paranoid w EVERYONE (instead of just uncomfy w u...)

cookielady

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 12:49 am
Very good point.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 12:50 am
I figured someone out based on her posts and her screen name and re-introduced myself as we had not seen each other in many many years. No big deal. My philosophy is NEVER post something that you would not be willing to say face-to-face because it may backfire. I once met a married man online who was telling me all his marriage troubles and his desires to get out of where he was etc. and I ended up being good friends with his wife and meeting them both face-to-face (I never mentioned to him the things he wrote and BH they are still married 12 years later).

cookielady

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 12:58 am
A person really has to be careful what they post. Even something that your child has done, you should make sure it's something they won't mind people knowing about them.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 8:55 am
we have discussed this before. I'll ry to bump up te thread as it was very detailed.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 3:54 pm
Tamiri wrote:
My philosophy is NEVER post something that you would not be willing to say face-to-face because it may backfire.

Yes

amother

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 4:19 pm
A friend told my my anonymous posts were obviously mine. It didn't matter so much, because people don't know who I am anyway on here, apart from 3 people, but I am so glad she told me.

would tell a friend if she tucked her skirt into her underwear coming out of the bathroom and you could see her whole backside! Of course, you should tell if your friend thinks she is "covered" by anon and she isn't

I used to use this site as my "therapy," but it helped that she told me I wasn't so anon...I've decided to go into real therapy instead.

(plus I was sick and tired of getting bashed here over all my personal problems)

greenfire

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 5:12 pm
yeah I think you should tell ...

also, I feel if you both know it's obvious then have the courtesy of not being so opinionated with her queries

imo if she wanted to talk to you directly she probably would

Atali

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 5:52 pm
Quote:
Tamiri wrote:
My philosophy is NEVER post something that you would not be willing to say face-to-face because it may backfire.

Yes

I agree, to an extent. Certainly one should never bash people under the cover of amother, but there could be personal things that one needs to discuss that aren't appropriate to share in person (such as medical issues, etc.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics