Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
How to Help my Son in School
Previous  1  2

dankbar

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 9:56 pm
I used to turn those geshikte girls into my helpers, with errands. Go to office, bring the papers, distrubute them. I would make those girls help the other girls to finish up.

If half class was still coloring, still enjoying making everything nice & pretty, while the other half was done already, they were able to quietly sit by library corner with a book.

Also as a teacher, if you see most girls getting edgy already by lesson, you move on to next activity. Young kids don't have long attention span. Our rule, from principal ( preschool) was lesson should be no more than 15 minutes. Also it wasn't just listening, just very interactive with lots of movement on purpose & very hands on. Giving everyone a chance to try the fun stuff. My very active students were engaged so they didn't act out. Also to put those in the front, where teacher can have eye contact with them & they don't space out or do trouble, further out

Last edited by dankbar on Wed, Sep 25 2019, 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 9:58 pm
Can he read quietly without disturbing the class?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 11:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He is already into these type of things and is doing well at home.

My concern is school. The whole school environment is inappropriate for him. The class is just starting to learn how to read sight and cvc words and he is reading advanced chapter books already for over a year. They are also doing simple addition and he does fractions and division in his head. He is acting out in school and the teachers can't manage him. How can I make the school environment more appropriate for him to make it a better situation for everyone?

Sorry. I think you’re not understanding my post. Don’t give him any more chapter books. Give him interests where he can be a beginner in. Something he doesn’t know about already.

You will have to understand the school’s position that they need to meet the needs of all children so you can work cooperatively with them. If you think there’s something more they can do then ask. You will have to work on social awareness and acceptance with your child. Life will be very rough for him if he doesn’t grasp he’s not like others. It can be very lonely to be very smart but he does need discipline. Wishing you all the best.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics