Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Chanukah dinner party menu

amother

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 9:58 pm
So I am hosting a party the first night of Chanukah be"h. My siblings and I are splitting the dishes.
Here is our menu.

plated salad
soup
roast chicken
corned beef
carb side dish
vegetable side dish
dessert

What can I place in middle of the set table? Something simple to prepare.
Would you plate some hors d'oeuvres like franks in blankets and potato bourekas or something like homemade donuts?
Any other ideas?

mama says

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 10:26 pm
The menu sounds good! Can I come?! LOL Smile

It sounds as though you want a FOOD centerpiece as opposed to a floral or paper centerpiece?
I don't know if I would place the sufganiyot on the table before dessert. And the franks in blankets are probably more food than you need with your menu. This may sound CRAZY, but I just saw a prefab CHANUKAH HOUSE made out of cookie dough. It was a kit at the grocery store. The cookie pieces came already made. It came with icing, sprinkles, & paper decoration to put around it.

Before I moved to Baltimore I had never seen house really decorated for Chanukah, but there was a house that was AWESOME! Unfortunately, the people have moved on. The tradition was taken over by another family, but it is just not the same!

Good luck!

amother

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 10:57 pm
mama says wrote:
The menu sounds good! Can I come?! LOL Smile

It sounds as though you want a FOOD centerpiece as opposed to a floral or paper centerpiece?
I don't know if I would place the sufganiyot on the table before dessert. And the franks in blankets are probably more food than you need with your menu. This may sound CRAZY, but I just saw a prefab CHANUKAH HOUSE made out of cookie dough. It was a kit at the grocery store. The cookie pieces came already made. It came with icing, sprinkles, & paper decoration to put around it.

Before I moved to Baltimore I had never seen house really decorated for Chanukah, but there was a house that was AWESOME! Unfortunately, the people have moved on. The tradition was taken over by another family, but it is just not the same!

Good luck!
Thank you! That sounds really interesting.
Can you describe the cookie house? And where you saw it for sale?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 9:26 pm
Not OP but looking for Fleishig recipes for upcoming Chanukah party.

I need ideas for everything besides the main dish (it will be roasts).

Easy and delicious/showy/elegant is what Im after, but I dont use artificial ingredients, (anything like "whip" with 100 ingredients, or anything with artificial colors, tops my list of ingredients I dont use).

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 10:32 pm
How about mini smoked brisket tacos? And mini pastrami pizzas? And mini chicken fingers?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics