Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Instapot for Pesach?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 11:13 am
First time making pesach (thanks to CV!) trying to keep this as simple as possible and buy as little cookware as possible. Would buying an Instapot be a good idea? I'm thinking I can make soup, stew, meats, meatballs, etc. Is this a good idea? Any other ideas of what to make? And which one should I get? (we are a family of 3 but cooking once eating twice is always my preference)

thank you!

southernbubby

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 11:32 am
I gave my DD an instapot for Pesach one year and they use it a lot. It really shortens cooking time.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 11:43 am
INSTANT POT. Its called an INSTANT POT. Or just an electric pressure cooker. Nails on a chalkboard, guys.

Yes, great idea for Pesach. Soups, meatballs, roasts, stews, even mashed potatoes. And hard boiled eggs. If you add a Mealthy air fryer lid, you can almost replace your oven. (Note, I don't have a lid for Pesach.)

It even has a slow cooker feature. Its not great, but can be used to keep soup warm.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 11:55 am
I have it an have been using it daily now even though my house is not yet cleaned for Pesach
Have made apple sauce
Sautéed tons of onions
Soup
Tomato sauce
Meatballs

Will make chicken soup
Beets( they come out so sweet)

gdgirl

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 12:17 pm
Have one but never used it yet. can I just use regular meatball recipe I have or need a special one? how do I know how long to cook?
also, can I freeze applesauce or need to wait to make it closer?

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 3:02 pm
I feel that all homes need to have an INSTANT POT I do soups- compotes- meat ect..... my size is a 6 qt... For pesech I will order a 10 qt

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 3:43 pm
Which one shall I get? There are so many different ones...
Can you share recipes too please

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 3:45 pm

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 3:52 pm
From personal experience, the only downside is that it is just one pot. As long as it's not your ONLY piece of cookware, it shouldn't be a problem.

To give a non-Pesach example: If you're making chicken and rice in the Instant Pot, you would either need to put both of them in together and risk ending up with a goopy one-pot meal, whereas if you wanted the chicken and rice to cook separately, you would need at least one more pot.

Also, I like to store cooked food in the pot which it cooked in. You can't do that if you make multiple dishes in the IP.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 3:56 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:

Dark meat chicken is AHHMAZIING in the IP.

If you want a golden brown color, you can sear the chicken first skin-side down on the "saute" option.
Add whichever sauce or flavoring you like, but make sure you add about 1/2 cup liquid so that it doesn't burn. The chicken will produce plenty of its own liquid, but you need to get it going.

Close and "Pressure cook" on high for 30-40 minutes.

I can't even begin to describe how soft it turns out!

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 4:35 pm
worth getting the one with the frying option?

there are about 12 different kinds and am not sure which one to get. Time sensitive
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics