Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Are you a YU parent- question...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 5:34 pm
I am curious if there is a forum on facebook or somewhere for YU parents to speak and share ideas. Specifically I am curious if anyone has heard that YU will return or rollover funds that are spent on food services. Now that I have 3 adults back at home- that money given to YU knowing they would be fed needs to be back in my budget now....
Not trying to start an argument- just curious who I should be reaching out to...My kids have no idea.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 6:28 pm
Don’t know about foodservice, but an email to the students on March 25 from Dr. Berman said to expect an update after Pesach about housing. He would be the one to contact: president@yu.edu

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 7:43 pm
Yes, waiting to hear from them re dorm fees & food. Will they refund or probably roll forward to next semester?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 9:43 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Don’t know about foodservice, but an email to the students on March 25 from Dr. Berman said to expect an update after Pesach about housing. He would be the one to contact: president@yu.edu

Have not heard anything yet... Figured I would give them until next week. I have no doubt they will be receiving an onslaught of emails. I wonder what other colleges are doing? I understand still paying tuition as learning is still happening, but no one is on campus, so who are they feeding????

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 9:45 pm
Its so hard to balance not being a helicopter parent to your adult child and yet still covering their college costs, so yep I should feel the university should be sharing more with me....

perquacky

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 12:15 am
I'm sure you'll hear something soon. We only just found out about rolling over room costs at SUNY schools this week. And they weren't on Spring break or Pesach vacation. It takes time to work out these issues.
Still waiting to hear about whether they plan to roll over the meal plan balance. Boy, do I hope they do.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 12:34 am
perquacky wrote:
I'm sure you'll hear something soon. We only just found out about rolling over room costs at SUNY schools this week. And they weren't on Spring break or Pesach vacation. It takes time to work out these issues.
Still waiting to hear about whether they plan to roll over the meal plan balance. Boy, do I hope they do.

Can you post the link about the SUNY schools?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics