Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Frum styles you hate
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

sky

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 10:32 pm
glamourmom wrote:
but what if your child can't wear socks because of tznius beliefs? what would she wear? cotton colored tights w a pretty dress? black? white?

Match the shoes. My girls have gold shoes this season. They are wearing golds, beige, tan.
It is much more childish. But I feel a 10 year old is more a child then adult and enjoy these care free years - not worry that she’ll rip her stockings

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 10:41 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I agree that nude stockings on 10 year old is ridiculous.
I really dislike snoods with Pom poms on them.
Israeli style high mitpachot are another dislike.

To defend boys in leggings- they are cheap, comfortable, practical for diaper changing and toilet training, easy, wash well, look cute and stay up! My son is phasing out of leggings soon and I’m dreading it. No pants stay up over his tiny belly and most pants look to wide for his skinny legs. I hate baggy pants.

I get girls' super skinny jeans from childrens place and girls' H&M treggings for DS

dancingqueen

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 10:48 pm
glamourmom wrote:
but what if your child can't wear socks because of tznius beliefs? what would she wear? cotton colored tights w a pretty dress? black? white?

My dds wear cotton or regular tights materials in the winter, not nude. They are younger than 10 though, but I think 10 would be fine.

glamourmom

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 10:53 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
My dds wear cotton or regular tights materials in the winter, not nude. They are younger than 10 though, but I think 10 would be fine.

right! but in summer, when they wear light colored Shabbos dresses, what color tights would you have them put on?

glamourmom

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 10:54 pm
sky wrote:
Match the shoes. My girls have gold shoes this season. They are wearing golds, beige, tan.
It is much more childish. But I feel a 10 year old is more a child then adult and enjoy these care free years - not worry that she’ll rip her stockings

my daughter rips her stockings every week or every second week. that's why I buy a ton at a time. she's not worried at all.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 11:42 pm
glamourmom wrote:
my daughter rips her stockings every week or every second week. that's why I buy a ton at a time. she's not worried at all.

Stockings are hot and sweaty for kids. Thin cotton tights are cooler, more comfortable, and feet don't sweat as much (and if they do, it gets absorbed into the cotton which has a cooling effect).

miami85

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 12:42 am
leggings for boys and the mustard yellow phase that was a few years ago.

giselle

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 12:57 am
glamourmom wrote:

Hmm, what did she wear when she was nine?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 12:00 pm
There are many frum styles I detest. There are also many frei styles I detest. So what?

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 12:21 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
There are many frum styles I detest. There are also many frei styles I detest. So what?

so you engage in the conversation if you want to contribute.

glamourmom

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 12:38 pm
giselle wrote:
Hmm, what did she wear when she was nine?

same she's wearing now. she went from socks to knee socks to nude stockings.

giselle

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 12:58 pm
glamourmom wrote:
same she's wearing now. she went from socks to knee socks to nude stockings.

I’m curious what crowd you’re part of? You don’t have to say of course.. I just don’t think I’ve ever seen nine year olds wearing nude stockings other than in israel. And hey maybe you’re from Israel..

dancingqueen

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 12:59 pm
glamourmom wrote:
right! but in summer, when they wear light colored Shabbos dresses, what color tights would you have them put on?

Light colored regular tights I guess (white, pink etc).

SixOfWands

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 1:01 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:

Its chit chat. If its not your cuppa, skip it. No requirement to comment on every thread.

keym

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 9:22 pm
giselle wrote:
I’m curious what crowd you’re part of? You don’t have to say of course.. I just don’t think I’ve ever seen nine year olds wearing nude stockings other than in israel. And hey maybe you’re from Israel..

In my Lakewood development, last year the 11 yr old girls were starting to wear nude stockings. This past Shabbos, I noticed some 9 and even 8 yr olds wearing nude.

Not my cup of tea.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 9:43 pm
Short sleeve sweaters. Contradictory.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics