Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Harry potter 7 - spoilers!!
Previous  1  2  3

Marion

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 3:05 am
shoshb wrote:

Did anyone feel like there was almost Nazi like references? Requiring muggle borns to register with the ministry, valueing the lives of magicians over mudbloods, elves etc.

Almost? What about "Nurmengard"? And "for the greater good"? There were SEVERAL others, I just can't recall them off the top of my head.

brooklyn

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 9:46 am
Little Engine wrote:
There was another thread about people spending too much time on Imamother. I don't. I just come on once every few weeks. Sometimes I feel like I'm missing interesting stuff, and it's threads like this that make me think that.

I believe the epilogue said that Harry and Ron became aurors and it also mentioned what Hermoine did. I lent my book out after I read it the one time so I don't remember.

I don't recall the epilogue mentioning their proffessions at all. I was actually disappointed that we didn't know what they endid up doing with their careers.

HealthCoach

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 10:54 am
I thought that was in the epilogue. Maybe I read it in a JK Rowling interview. I'm pretty sure that Harry and Ron are aurors.

roza

Post Mon, Aug 20 2007, 1:11 pm
Brooklyn, check out this interview-webchat with JKR, u will see her talk about what they ended up doing.

http://the-leaky-cauldron.org/.....cript

HealthCoach

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 9:18 pm
Here is where I saw that they are aurors.

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19959323/

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Aug 22 2007, 2:57 am
thanks for posting the interviews. it seems she gives ron two diff jobs, auror and working in the joke shop. I wonder how she'll reconcile that?

stem

Post Fri, Jan 04 2008, 3:15 pm
I just finished reading the whole series and I feel that we don't really get a feel for who Ginny is and why Harry likes her so much. Also, like OP said, what in the world does Hermione see in Ron and vice versa? Is it just one of those best friends turned into love things?

About the horcruxes, the way I got it is that LV made 6 horcruxes + 1 accidental (Harry), so including the bit left in his own body, there were a total of 8 in the end. In book 6 dumbledore and harry speculate that there would be 7 all together, but that's what makes harry's bit a surprise in book 7.

What did all of you think of Draco and his parents characters? I felt their characters were a bit complex...

gamekeeper

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 6:02 am
am I the only one that wanted to see more romance between harry and ginny... almost showing what he went through all this for... maybe im a hopeless romantic... but I would have loved to see him go back to her and hug her before rushing to ron and hermione... Drunken Smile Drunken Smile Drunken Smile
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room