Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Israel Sukkos

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 1:09 am
Do you think the Americans will be able to come in? Are you still planning to spend Yom Tov with your daughter in seminary?

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 2:08 am
As of now the only tourists allowed into the country are yeshiva/seminary students. Its impossible to predict what the restrictions will be in 6 weeks.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 2:22 am
Swiss Air already canceled my parents flight to Israel for sukkot Crying

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 2:31 am
Right now, non-citizens aren't allowed into the country unless they are students or have a pressing family issue. And everyone has to be quarantined for two weeks. It's possible things could change, but I wouldn't rely on it. If you really want to be here for sukkos, though, you can make aliyah.

ETA, some countries (including England and Canada) have been designated as green. This means that Israelis (or those with student visas or other special permits) coming from those countries won't have to quarantine. It doesn't mean that non-citizens are free to enter Israel, though.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 8:59 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
As of now the only tourists allowed into the country are yeshiva/seminary students. Its impossible to predict what the restrictions will be in 6 weeks.

That I know. I was wondering for those that have kids in Israel will we be able to come or should we just cancel plans. Our flight was not canceled.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That I know. I was wondering for those that have kids in Israel will we be able to come or should we just cancel plans. Our flight was not canceled.

If you aren't citizens, as of now you will not be able to come.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:10 am
Anerica is not yet on the 'green list'. Countries that are on the green list are allowed to enter Israel without quarantine.

My father, in England, has had his flight confirmed, and is now working on getting permission from the consulate to enter the country. His insurance company will cover him if he gets permission from the consulate, but because he is over seventy he will have to pay a higher rate.

But it's almost a year since we've seen him, so we're hoping it will all come together.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:17 am
The seminary girls aren't allowed to leave seminary for sukkos, even to close family. and you'd have to be in quarantine for 2 weeks before you see her, so you'd have to be here minimum of three weeks. plus you need to be an israeli citizen to enter at this point. I don't see that changing any time before sukkos.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 9:57 am
OP, unless you are an israeli citizen, you will not be allowed in even if your child is in school.
And if you do come somehow, you have to be in isolation for two weeks, so you would not even be able to see your child right away, so most probably its not worth it even if somehow you would find a way to come in.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Aug 16 2020, 10:24 am
I started a thread about this awhile ago .... my husband is Israeli but we're in America for now. He hasnt seen his family in months and we cant go back for sukkos Sad Hoping pesach will be a different story and that iyH this mageifa will end soon and everyone will be healed and protected!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics