Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Do you enjoy siblings wedding ?
Previous  1  2

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 9:54 am
I love it. Bh my sister (26 yrs old) is getting married this Sunday. It is a HUGE simcha we have been waiting for! (She has two sisters younger who are married with kids for a few years already)
That being said, it is a lot of hard work. Since we all live close together, we will help out with everything. Between everything going on, I haven't been home any night this week and I have sheva brochos the entire week next week.I am super duper exhausted! (4 months pregnant) Bh though we are super excited though!
It is expensive to dress everyone for the wedding but Bh I can afford it and happened to be my mother helped with some of it. (Not purposely actually, I matched my daughter to one of my sister's gowns, and it was more than I wanted to spend on a gown that we're going to wear once. (Double I spent olast weddings and I didn't skimp)And my mother was more than happy to pay for it. And one of my boys what a different alpha for, and she liked the suit I both my other son better so she ran to buy it. )My boys got stunning suits, and my daughter has a gorgeous gown.

ETA. Everything that comes along with a wedding is exhausting but so so so nice! I spent two nights ago making challah for Shabbos Sheva brochos (200 challah rolls) last night all the sister's took my sister out to eat as a small sister's night out before she gets married. This coming week is going to be super hectic. Sheva brochos every night almost and my kids all start school but bh for such a big happy simcha!

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 9:56 am
I understand the stress, but try to be appreciative.

I have four sister/sister in-laws that need to find their bashert. Its hard.

mig100

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 9:58 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
I understand the stress, but try to be appreciative.

I have four sister/sister in-laws that need to find their bashert. Its hard.

This . I really can't stand people complaining about family simchos😣

Yes it's exhausting. Bh when I had a family simcha in my ninth month, not long ago, I was exhausted. I literally couldn't move the next day. I'm still so happy to have been at the simcha

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 11:00 am
Between mine and my husbands siblings we have one or 2 weddings a year.
It is so exhausting and expensive finding things to wear, arranging childcare for the younger ones, traveling to wherever the venue is for 7 days, and taking off from work.
I hate the fakeness of having to greet mobs of people I don’t really know, and the late nights.
I need routine.
If simchas were less extravagant, and more flexible, I would probably enjoy it significantly more.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 11:37 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Between mine and my husbands siblings we have one or 2 weddings a year.
It is so exhausting and expensive finding things to wear, arranging childcare for the younger ones, traveling to wherever the venue is for 7 days, and taking off from work.
I hate the fakeness of having to greet mobs of people I don’t really know, and the late nights.
I need routine.
If simchas were less extravagant, and more flexible, I would probably enjoy it significantly more.

This. If there was less pageantry and more focus on the actual simcha, I would enjoy them more. The ever-rising standards and prices put enormous pressure and sucks the joy out if it.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 2:39 am
I’m not a social person, I don’t like events at all. The crowd, the noise. Really hard for me.
So no- I don’t enjoy a siblings wedding and that’s ok. I’m still extremely happy for them! But the actual simcha ( shabbos, wedding etc) jsut isn’t enjoyable for me.

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 2:42 am
Love the weddings, hate the logistics.

When I was single, there were fewer logistics and my mother handled most of them.

Now I'm the mother, and I'm way less capable than my mother...

But sibling weddings definitely rate pretty high on the "best problems to have" scale.

mig100

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 10:32 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Love the weddings, hate the logistics.

When I was single, there were fewer logistics and my mother handled most of them.

Now I'm the mother, and I'm way less capable than my mother...

But sibling weddings definitely rate pretty high on the "best problems to have" scale.

well said Applause Applause Applause

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 10:51 am
I enjoy sisters weddings more than brothers. I feel like the bride will be stealing him away.

I have a wedding coming up and I keep on thinking that I was so much happier when my sisters got married.

I have this heavy heart whenever I think of the wedding. I dread having a sister in law intrude into our cosy family.

I feel guilty as I know it's not fair to either of them.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Aug 28 2020, 11:13 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
I enjoy sisters weddings more than brothers. I feel like the bride will be stealing him away.

I have a wedding coming up and I keep on thinking that I was so much happier when my sisters got married.

I have this heavy heart whenever I think of the wedding. I dread having a sister in law intrude into our cosy family.

I feel guilty as I know it's not fair to either of them.

Is this the first brother to get married? Sisters-in-law are the best. At first she will just be a stranger, but with time the relationship can become almost like another sister.

amother
Black

Post Sat, Aug 29 2020, 4:22 pm
I used to hate weddings and come home so depressed. But then I left my abusive ex and remarried and started enjoying weddings so much . I guess I hated it cos I couldn't be happy for the couple and now I appreciate happy married life bh

I recently had a first siblings wedding since I remarried (hubs sibling but I'm super close to my in law family ) and we loved every minute bh .
We had to travel by plane and stayed with in laws . Was amazing spending 2 weeks with his amazing family .
I didnt take my children to every sheva broches but my oldest is 16 and single sis in law was also home then so didnt have to look for babysitters
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics