Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Green dress = holiday dress? Update, new question
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 05 2020, 5:11 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
What color are her shoes?

Her shoes are black. So black tights? (I thought cream could work too being that the dress is mostly light)

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 05 2020, 5:15 pm
Odelyah wrote:
not trying to make trouble OP but honestly if she loves the green dress so much I would just get it for her. maybe switch the sash like some have suggested, if it makes you happier and she likes it the same... it's not like it's green and red--and your simcha is in Feb not Dec right?

Thanks! My daughters are 8 and 7, they're malleable lol. I ordered both the green and the cream/black dresses (both places have free returns) and we'll see. By the time the dresses come next week she may be just as excited for the other dress.

(And yes, if they end up wearing the green, even with the sash as it is, I won't let it torture me...it's not a red/green/gold plaid, and it's a full two months after xmas)

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sat, Dec 05 2020, 5:36 pm
You can not compare the black and white dress with the green dress. It’s waaaay classier. The green dress looks very cheap in comparison.

Iymnok

Post Sat, Dec 05 2020, 11:02 pm
My girls wear this dress most weeks. It may be out of style, but I find it beautiful and it’s tznius!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Baby-.....25903
My girls are 3 and 5.

I think many people here are extremely sensitive. I do not consider it a holiday dress. I love a deep green and this is a flattering dress that looks festive as (IMO) Shabbos dresses should.

I love it when little girls have dresses that they could play in. They should look comfortable. Unless you give them gold shoes and a red bow in their hair, I think they will look beautifully dressed for a Shabbos simcha.

If no one in your Shul will be as super sensitive as some posters here, I wouldn’t worry.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Dec 06 2020, 1:05 am
I think the green is way more practical. Toile is very thin, not great for winter. And the cream fabric could easily stain if they spill or trip ch"v. A dark green velour is cosy and practical. You would get green or black shells and black tights. I bet your girls love the bow and the little heart jewel. They're the perfect age for that, let them enjoy! (I think most Brooklyn/Lakewood kids' styles are hideous and I live OOT, so maybe take my opinion with a grain of salt.)
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics