Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Professional pictures
Previous  1  2

MMEC123

Post Sat, Dec 15 2007, 4:59 pm
Kiddie Kandids is great. Isn't Olan Mills a bit pricey? We used them once and they were expensive and the pictures were not that great.

qwertyu

Post Mon, Dec 17 2007, 9:10 am
In responce to yentagolda the prices at klicks were not more then the non jewish places, a added plus is that they have backrounds and props with a frum theam, ie kosel etc
There is also a frum women who use to work there and now works out her home she is good, her name is weinstock I think

Maya

Post Mon, Dec 17 2007, 9:28 am
yidmim wrote:
I'd like to make everyone aware that if you go to JCPenney in Queens you'll probably have a bad experience since this gal there is very anti semitic. I've had two bad experiences there and my sis even reported her to the manager who said there's nothin she can do since the studio isn't her dept. I am a really good consumer. She just has a problem with Jewish ppl...I've seen the way she treated Non-Jewish ppl... it's like she has a few identities!
I DEFINITELY WON'T BE TAKIN PICS THERE AGAIN (IYH)!!

I have also gone to the JCPenney in Queens, and have seen what you are talking about. But somehow, I can't blame the woman. Did you ever see how the Jewish women behave there? They come with all their kids, make a mess, they're loud. Even I sometimes get disgusted by their behavior.

Squash

Post Mon, Dec 17 2007, 9:35 am
qwertyu wrote:
In responce to yentagolda the prices at klicks were not more then the non jewish places, a added plus is that they have backrounds and props with a frum theam, ie kosel etc
There is also a frum women who use to work there and now works out her home she is good, her name is weinstock I think

she took my family's picture last summer and it is STUNNING!!! I knew she doesn't work for them anymore but wasn't aware that she works out of her home. I'm pretty sure she lives on jill lane.

busylady

Post Mon, Dec 17 2007, 9:44 am
it depends which branch you go to. no all sears places are good, and not all picture people places are good either. I went to olan mills on thirty fourth street, and another one somewhere else in manhattan, and I had totallly different experiences each time. thirty fourth streeet took much better pics, but there was a much longer wait, and they weren't as patient. they are kind of pricey, but they have good coupons which you can print out online, and the quality is very good.

ArthurDent

Post Sat, Dec 29 2007, 7:54 pm
I went to Picture People and was fairly happy with the result. The pictures were so-so and I used a coupon to get a free 10x13 and paid $14 for another sheet. I wasn't so bowled over by all the photos to go broke there. But I've seen other people's photos from Picture People and they look fab.

I got a recommendation to go to Portrait Innovations. They are very much the same set-up as Picture People. No sitting fees. Pictures available shortly thereafter (except try not to go during holidays; we went and were waiting FOREVER, even though we had an appt.). Their per sheet price is slightly lower than PP, but they make the hard sell for their package prices. They don't give coupons for a free photo, but they have a coupon that lets you buy one pose for $9.99 which includes a ton of photos. We went for family portraits when dd was 18 months, I loved our photos and it was hard not to spend $300 there. I ended up spending $110 and don't regret it.

avimom

Post Sun, Dec 30 2007, 2:24 pm
I'm always happy with sears in kings plaza- and if they don't come out goodm, just come back again- it's only $10!

amother

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 8:26 pm
I know this is so late but anyone else taking pics can try snap shot in flatbush theyre cheap and better then the chain stores....I used them a few years ago and really liked the results...last year I went to judy fischmann if ur looking for amazing pic. shes amazing though shes pretty pricey...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics