Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Family Leave Tax Credit

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 12:46 am
Anyone familiar with the $7,000 family leave credit?
Do you know if it's possible to take even if someone was on unemployment in 2020?

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 6:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you know if it's possible to take even if someone was on unemployment in 2020?

It’s through the employer and available on their payroll taxes. It’s a reimbursement of paid family leave, so you can’t get it if your employee went on unemployment and wasn’t paid.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 6:34 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
It’s through the employer and available on their payroll taxes. It’s a reimbursement of paid family leave, so you can’t get it if your employee went on unemployment and wasn’t paid.

Sorry, I should have clarified...I'm asking about the credit for the self employed on family/sick leave for up to 50 days. I think it's form 7202. Are you familiar with that?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 3:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Does anyone know the answer?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 3:48 pm
Do you mean overlap the unemployment with the family leave? If you received unemployment for that time then you wouldn’t claim family leave. And to get the credit you need to show that you lost money due to COVID related issues. If you’re using software such as hr block it will walk you through it.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 4:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Sorry, I should have clarified...I'm asking about the credit for the self employed on family/sick leave for up to 50 days. I think it's form 7202. Are you familiar with that?

I am not, but here’s the instructions from the IRS https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i7202.pdf
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics