Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Looking for makeup companies that use healthy natural ingred

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 12:34 am
I want to get rid of all my makeup and am in search of products documented to use only healthy ingredients. (I already know about Burt's Bees but looking further than that). I know that most frum women probably don't think so much about this or aren't as particular about it. Is there anyone who is that can recommend specific products to me. I just am gong in circles trying to figure this out because I don't really have the time. However I don't want to put things on my face anymore that aren't from companies that take this seriously. Can anyone help me?

IMO

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 1:16 am
Kosas is a popular brand. Also beautycounter.
But if you google ‘best non toxic lipstick/mascara/foundation’ etc, you’ll get lots of blog articles going through the options on the market.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 1:19 am
I use everyday minerals for makeup l. You can’t really get more natural than that. My face powder has like three ingredients whereas every other brand has like a whole paragraph of stuff inside.

What makes you say that frum women don’t care about using natural products?

amother
Blush

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 1:21 am
Honest Beauty is all natural and reasonably priced.

Rachel8177

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 1:27 am
What Abt Arbonne?

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 10:05 am
100 percent pure is supposed to be very clean ingredients.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 10:08 am
Aether beauty has beautiful eyeshadow.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 10:21 am
P.S. if you live in the u.s. or another country that has Sephora, it marks all natural products both on their website and online. They have a lot of them.

windchime

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 10:27 am
Dunno if they still exist, but I believe Bare Essentials is a natural line.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 10:29 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
I use everyday minerals for makeup l. You can’t really get more natural than that. My face powder has like three ingredients whereas every other brand has like a whole paragraph of stuff inside.

What makes you say that frum women don’t care about using natural products?

I also use Everyday Minerals. They used to have a storefront in Palisades Mall and I loved visiting, but nowadays we just order online.

I also wonder about the connection between being frum and caring about health.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 10:31 am
Dr. Hauschka, W3ll people, Juice beauty, andalou naturals, Inika

amother
Olive

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 10:32 am
Also all clean beauty website https://credobeauty.com/
with many products

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 10:35 am
https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/

(database of rated cosmetics)

amother
Black

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 10:38 am
Just FYI, any company can label its cosmetics as natural, green, nontoxic or chemical-free. (This last one is ridiculous. Water is a chemical.)

There's also no evidence that. formaldehyde, phthalates, or parabens cause any harm in the doses you'd get from cosmetics. In fact, the more phthalates, the less likely the chance of microbial growth in a cosmetic. (This really matters for mascara. Eye infections are nasty.)

There's nothing wrong with switching to natural cosmetics, but there's also no known benefit to anyone other than the companies who sell them.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 10:42 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Just FYI, any company can label its cosmetics as natural, green, nontoxic or chemical-free. (This last one is ridiculous. Water is a chemical.)

There's also no evidence that. formaldehyde, phthalates, or parabens cause any harm in the doses you'd get from cosmetics. In fact, the more phthalates, the less likely the chance of microbial growth in a cosmetic. (This really matters for mascara. Eye infections are nasty.)

There's nothing wrong with switching to natural cosmetics, but there's also no known benefit to anyone other than the companies who sell them.

Well it least it would hopefully eliminate talc which is many many products. (that is, a company that is what it says it is - EWG will classify based on the ingredients, not on what the company says)

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 10:54 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
I also use Everyday Minerals. They used to have a storefront in Palisades Mall and I loved visiting, but nowadays we just order online.

I also wonder about the connection between being frum and caring about health.
same here! They helped me find my colors and stuff but now I just order online. I wish they would carry it in local places again
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics