Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Links to clothes that are in style & look good in size l/xl
Previous  1  2

amother
Lime

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 10:13 pm
That green dress is beautiful! Any ideas for tops for young (low 20s) 5'2"? I am large busted (think uk sizes h-I) narrow waist, full upper arms? Any puffy sleeve or loose top makes me look 50 lbs heavier. I try to cut sleeves off and wear shells underneath dresses to slim my arms. I can barely squeeze into the narrow upper arms of many shirts and dresses.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 10:20 pm
GOODMOM wrote:
I'm a sz XL. I bought the maternity look dresses , that are very in this season. It suits me very well. The trick is to buy it very just, no room to gain weight.And it's so comfortable!! But... I'm not busty. So don't know if it'll work for you. Hatzlacha

Can you post links to maternity look dresses you bought?

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 10:22 pm
I just posted some excellent skirts that are very very flattering that I bought from shein on the other current thread (that OP is looking for a tiered skirt, xl). I'm a size 10/12 and I bought a ton of skirts this month, and kept 10 excellent ones.

GOODMOM

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 10:43 pm
Check out Simons.ca. I bought a shirt dress and a polkadot dress . I actually tried on at least 5 dresses and I had a hard time choosing . All 5 dresses looked good. Can't post a link since I haven't figured out how to do it.

GOODMOM

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 10:45 pm
Contemporaine
Patterned slit-collar loose dress.
Trying to post link

Crookshanks

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 10:51 pm
GOODMOM wrote:
Contemporaine
Patterned slit-collar loose dress.
Trying to post link

All you need to do is copy paste.

qwerty4

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 10:58 pm
I’m also having trouble with dressy tops as they are mostly the loose fitting or very waisted styles. For everyday I’m really loving the ribbed shirts and skirts sets they are selling in a lot of loungewear and regular clothing stores. There are many different styles and they are flattering and comfortable

amother
Oak

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 12:10 am
In having trouble with skirts - my belly sticks out and then, sticks out even more when I get bloated which is a frequent issue. I don’t like the loose look because I don’t want people thinking I’m pregnant, but I find skirt waists so difficult because they press on my belly.
Anyone in the same boat? Any ideas?
Currently I mostly wear the soft fold over waist band skirts.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 12:52 pm
OMG amother Oak, yes! Tummy issues are huge here! lol no pun intended.

My youngest is 7 so I've decided I don't care if someone looks at my belly they can wonder all they wish. I'd rather not wear tight clothes that make me look huge, I just wear looser things.

I bought this gap skirt thats really comfortable - its actually really similar to the foldover style you mentioned. https://www.gap.com/browse/pro.....ntent

I've also liked the Simondana skirts, somehow they're more flattering to my shape.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 8:12 pm
Thank you so much Burgandy! It looks great!
What’s the other brand you mentioned? Can I find those online?

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 9:19 pm
Eshakti.com
They customize it to be tznius (no, it's not Jewish)-- neck (I just put an order in and they're even making the neck an inch higher than their highest neckline just for me!), Sleeves, skirt length. You can order a size or a custom size in your measurements. I have one dress and I just ordered a second one. Better prices than the Nordstrom links. Customization is $10 but it's free for the first 3 times you do it.

I finally have a dress that fits me!

If you or anyone is interested, post under your SN. If I refer you, we both get $25 off an order. I would pm you for us to work it out.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 9:29 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Eshakti.com
They customize it to be tznius (no, it's not Jewish)-- neck (I just put an order in and they're even making the neck an inch higher than their highest neckline just for me!), Sleeves, skirt length. You can order a size or a custom size in your measurements. I have one dress and I just ordered a second one. Better prices than the Nordstrom links. Customization is $10 but it's free for the first 3 times you do it.

I finally have a dress that fits me!

If you or anyone is interested, post under your SN. If I refer you, we both get $25 off an order. I would pm you for us to work it out.

What is a dress style that looks good on bigger people?

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 9:32 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
What is a dress style that looks good on bigger people?

I don't really know anymore than you do! I'm not going to post the dress that I ordered because I don't want people seeing my posts and then knowing where my dress came from but just browse through.

Maybe other posters can weigh in.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics