Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Custom Hostess Boxes for Guests - Is it necessary?
Previous  1  2

amother
Ballota

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:51 am
If you would like it to look personalized you can make personalized stickers or tags and attach to the bag
The boxes are not Neccesary

amother
Ballota

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:55 am
amother [ Pear ] wrote:
What about a Simcha we're hosting in one big house? I was going to put water bottles in each room and a schedule in each room.. There will be plenty of snacks set up in the kitchen and other areas throughout Shabbos. Each bathroom will have sample shampoos and mouthwash. Anything else necessary? We'll have rain bonnets and ponchos in the front coat closet just in case.

Make a sign to hang up on the door with the guests name.
It’s cute if the kids do this
Ex.
WELCOME
Bubby &Zaidy Cohen

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:55 am
OP, I know people who do this and I know people who don't. You have to define your own standards, no one can do it for you.

In my neighborhood in Lakewood there definitely are people who do this and there definitely are plenty of people who don't (I've seen both. I host all the time, am actually hosting this coming Shabbos too.) I will not likely do this when I make Simchas, as I tend to try to minimize expenses. A nice bag with guest items is fine for me.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 11:29 am
My niece sewed bags for everyone for her Bat Mitzvah. Nice flowery fabric. No name or monogram. They came with the schedule for Shabbos, the room key and a bottle of water and a pack of cards in them.

They are a very convenient size for a siddur or similar, and I often still use it on Shabbos.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics