Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Lilibet Diana
Previous  1  2  3

devo1982

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 7:09 pm
Incredibly tacky and disrespectful, and the fact that they're tacking on a nickname for the nickname and calling the baby Lili is even more foolish.

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 7:12 pm
I was convinced they were going to name her Diana, so I think this route is actually much nicer. I like the name. It's pretty and functional, and not stuffy.

Based on their Oprah interview, it really seems like they love the Queen, and that she's gone out of her way to be nice to Meghan. So this was their way of showing their appreciation.

As for Harry, I do wish he'd stop doing a million interviews on The Reasons Why My Life Was So Hard. It's tiresome and off-putting. The two of them love drama, and focusing on all the people that wronged them.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 8:08 pm
Just curious, why didn’t William and Kate name their daughter after Diana?

amother
Maple

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 8:11 pm
allthingsblue wrote:

They did.
Charlotte Elizabeth Diana
After Prince Charles, the Queen and Diana.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 8:11 pm
allthingsblue wrote:

They did. Their daughter is Charlotte Elizabeth Diana.

Having it as a first name, and being the new Princess Diana would have been a huge burden for a little girl who gets more publicity than she needs as it is.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:00 pm
That makes sense. Thanks.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:22 pm
amother [ Brass ] wrote:
There isn't much yichus on her side. Most families of all religions tend to give preference of baby names to the side with "yichus"

Not in my family? I have names of treasured relatives that I wanted to (and did) name after, despite not having yichus. I actually have one more name than my husband’s side does.

amother
Oleander

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:36 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
I heart that the nickname (Lili) is an informal nod to Doria, because her pet nickname for Meghan is Flower. I also heard the Brits think the name is disrespectful to the Queen, because it repurposes a personal nickname between spouses or something.

I would presume that Doria's name for Meghan is Rachel, as that's her given name, and what she was called until some time in high school.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 10:53 pm
amother [ Oleander ] wrote:
I would presume that Doria's name for Meghan is Rachel, as that's her given name, and what she was called until some time in high school.

I don’t know why you would presume that. The news is reporting that Flower was her mother’s pet name for her. For instance, my mother had a nickname/pet name for me that doesn’t bear much relation to my given name at all.

Also, the media is reporting that Harry asked (and received) his grandmother’s permission before naming his daughter. All this speculation is kind of silly.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics