Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Kew gardens hills
Previous  1  2

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 4:14 pm
Quoting a prior poster: There's pressure everywhere, but it's the type of group that is excited to say "I got this outfit for super cheap" rather than "I just bought this $400 pair of shoes."

I’ve lived in KGH my entire life. It’s lovely, low key, friendly, non judgmental, and also heterogeneous - there are Ashkenazim and Sefardim, old and young, working and learning, modern and yeshivish. There is a lot of breathing room. People say that it is an amazing place to raise children because there isn’t too much pressure to be outwardly frum … and because it’s all walkable so the kids can go to pizza, library, Amazing Savings and slurpees, and generally keep themselves busy. The houses are mostly attached with community drives and the kids play sports together in the community drives and mingle nicely with all the neighbors. There is also some acceptance of boys playing with girls up until bar/bas mitzvah. Think chilled out, out of town type neighborhood but close to everything.

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 2:54 am
amother [ Honeysuckle ] wrote:
Quoting a prior poster: There's pressure everywhere, but it's the type of group that is excited to say "I got this outfit for super cheap" rather than "I just bought this $400 pair of shoes."

I’ve lived in KGH my entire life. It’s lovely, low key, friendly, non judgmental, and also heterogeneous - there are Ashkenazim and Sefardim, old and young, working and learning, modern and yeshivish. There is a lot of breathing room. People say that it is an amazing place to raise children because there isn’t too much pressure to be outwardly frum … and because it’s all walkable so the kids can go to pizza, library, Amazing Savings and slurpees, and generally keep themselves busy. The houses are mostly attached with community drives and the kids play sports together in the community drives and mingle nicely with all the neighbors. There is also some acceptance of boys playing with girls up until bar/bas mitzvah. Think chilled out, out of town type neighborhood but close to everything.

I lived there when I was single and I found it to be exactly like this.
I loved living there, the single men and women are very much accepted into the community. it's low key, very unlike Brooklyn and Manhattan, where many singles live.
It's very warm and welcoming.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries