Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Tznious and sensory issues

ShiraG58

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 10:46 pm
I’m having a really hard time finding tights and knee socks for my 6 year old daughter with sensory issues.

We need the softest, loose fitting tights/ knee socks they make and any advice on how to help her get use to them. I’m OOT so online suggestions is best.

**Please no recommending not having her wear tights/socks or leggings.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 10:59 pm
Cotton, only- no stretchy itchy things. No designs that aren't completely flat or are made from a different material from the sock. And during the week, leggings with ankle socks instead of tights. If school has an issue with that, put her in shoes high enough to cover the socks.

amother
Celeste

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 11:02 pm
Try Condor knee socks, if they still sell them. I wore them as a kid, they are super soft (and pricey).

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 11:03 pm
As someone with sensory issues herself, please reconsider socks with leggings. I didn't learn a thing in school because I couldn't concentrate, until I finally switched out of tights. I used to secretly tear my tights hoping eventually I wouldn't have any left. It was so difficult:( Please have rachmanus on your child.

amother
Dahlia

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 11:12 pm
ShiraG58 wrote:
I’m having a really hard time finding tights and knee socks for my 6 year old daughter with sensory issues.

We need the softest, loose fitting tights/ knee socks they make and any advice on how to help her get use to them. I’m OOT so online suggestions is best.

**Please no recommending not having her wear tights/socks or leggings.

As an adult with sensory issues, I really feel for you and your daughter. This is my daily struggle. I don't have suggestions, because my sensory 6 year old only likes when her tights fit well and are narrow enough not to get shlumpy, but wishing you lots of hatzlacha.

Coffee beanz

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 11:27 pm
Try zuubi or memoi cotton tights. leggings tucked into boots may be your best bet in the winter. Knee socks im not sure.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 1:21 am
Get one of each brand. Also try them inside out.

Success10

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 1:43 am
Tights might be more comfortable than knee socks, and yes, wear inside out. Lycra might be better than cotton. Like Iymnok said, try a few options.

amother
Apple

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 7:07 am
Please give your daughter the option of cotton knee-highs. Explain to her this will require extra caution (maturity) to keep covered. Smile

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 7:32 am
amother [ Dustypink ] wrote:
As someone with sensory issues herself, please reconsider socks with leggings. I didn't learn a thing in school because I couldn't concentrate, until I finally switched out of tights. I used to secretly tear my tights hoping eventually I wouldn't have any left. It was so difficult:( Please have rachmanus on your child.

I did this with DD, and the school was fine with it. She had no problems even on the hottest days.

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Jul 28 2021, 9:36 am
You can try modal knee socks, they are softer than cotton.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)