Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What could this cough be?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 12:34 pm
Ds6 has this really rough cough for over 2 weeks already. We went to an urgent care center, who said to do the nebulizer with abuterol. We did that for 10 days with no progress. We went back and he gave prednisolone (steroid) to take for 5 days. It’s day 4 and still not getting the slightest bit better. Any idea what this can be?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 1:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ds6 has this really rough cough for over 2 weeks already. We went to an urgent care center, who said to do the nebulizer with abuterol. We did that for 10 days with no progress. We went back and he gave prednisolone (steroid) to take for 5 days. It’s day 4 and still not getting the slightest bit better. Any idea what this can be?
Test for mycoplasma

oneofakind

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 1:48 pm
Go to a good pediatrician.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 1:53 pm
I second a good pediatrician. An urgent care is good for urgent matters when your doctor isn’t in; or u need a throat culture or ear checked, but an ongoing condition and not getting better after meds needs a competent doctor, or even a pulmonologist if you rather that .

teachkids

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 1:58 pm
Try treating acid reflux

tweety1

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 9:44 pm
teachkids wrote:
Try treating acid reflux

I know this is not a recent thread but I would like to share my experience. I had a dry cough for about 2-3 months not very long ago that I was scared to check out. Around the same time I started having various symptoms. I ended up having h-pylori. Within days of starting meds my cough disappeared. H-pylori and acid reflux is directly related.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Dec 16 2021, 9:47 pm
I have one too. I’m going to go to an allergist
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics