Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Tell everything about eczema
Previous  1  2

amother
Latte

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 5:54 pm
amother [ Crocus ] wrote:
Eucrisa is a non steroid cream that does wonders. I've been suffering for months. Started Eucrisa last week and after 2 uses the change was astounding. It needs prior authorization from the insurance company (the doctor makes your case and shows that nothing else is working) because it's expensive, but BH it is covered and it is working such a relief.
https://nationaleczema.org/new.....w_wcB

My doctor prescribed eucrisa to my baby. He screamed bloody murder and he turned bright red. I read reviews of people saying it felt like acid being poured on them. I never used it again

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 5:59 pm
amother [ Latte ] wrote:
My doctor prescribed eucrisa to my baby. He screamed bloody murder and he turned bright red. I read reviews of people saying it felt like acid being poured on them. I never used it again

Same experience with my kids.

runninglate

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 6:03 pm
Mpmom, can you please post this practitioners info and location?

realsilver

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 6:16 pm
Eczema is an autoimmune skin condition that gets worse with certain foods. When doctors say its not from food, (as every doctor will!) theyre only half right.
Going off wheat dairy or eggs will 100 percent help, the trick is to go to an allergist or naturopath that can guide you to which foods to go off.

Just keep in mind that completely going off certain foods can turn it into a complete full blown allergy for life.

I just relied on probiotics, moisturizer and humidifiers. My daughter grew out of it bh!

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 6:26 pm
My son had terrible eczema (and yes he has allergies and asthma too). It got so bad his allergist couldn’t treat it and we went to a pediatric dermatologist.
Who recommended dupixant. (But that’s only for 6 and up.)
Just want to put it out there in case it can help anyone with school aged kids

And yes, eucrisa and tacrolimus can burn. I’ve made that mistake!!!!One idea is to only put it on as maintenance- once the skin is better from the steroids. And keep it cold.

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 6:46 pm
I wonder if eucrisa burns skin that has been using steroids.

mpmom

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 9:46 pm
Runninglate, for various reasons I don’t recommend the practitioner that I used with my eczema child anymore. There are many nutritionist that are familiar with integrative health such as Rorie Weisberg from full n free. I never personally used her but read her articles and she seems knowledgeable. Also depending on what the issue is there are all different doctors that practice integrative health but most do not take insurance so they are expensive. Dr Rafael Kellman is an internist who practices functional medicine. Dr Magdolna Saringer is a psychiatrist who practices functional medicine. They are both in NYC. These are board certified doctors (not alternative medicine/healers) who look for root causes of problems and heal instead of prescribing drugs that treat symptoms and cause side effects which cause new symptoms. A great resource to learn more about this approach is Dr. Mark Hyman who has written tons of books on this topic.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Dec 19 2021, 9:50 pm
Off of milk or all dairy
Medicated Zyrtec combined with bactroban to heal current wounds
After wounds are healed slather with aveeno eczema cream.
Humidifier in room if heat is on.
Cotton clothing.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 1:30 am
Thanks for all your replies.

So it’s really not bad just slightly red on her cheeks. She doesn’t itch it. I’m concerned because
1. There is starting to be small red patches on her stomach
2. Her diapers are extremely runny and always yellow
3. She’s always very fluid-y

runninglate

Post Mon, Dec 20 2021, 4:21 am
Thank you mpmom!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics